Fiesta For The Cure tonight

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was asked to submit my "story" for a ribbon cutting ceremony and they decided to use it. Beginning tonight my story along with others will be posted in On The Border restaurant in Ahwatukee Az. They are hosting a fundraiser for the Komen Foundation which will last all month. They will be serving free appetizers and margaritas tonight! I am really excited! What an honor it is for me to have the chance to possibly help raise awareness and funds for the cause!

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Awesome!!
    We have a star among us!! (clap, clap). That is so cool elm that they are using your story! How exciting. Hmmmm...free Margaritas? I would definitely go to that!! Pammy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    That is quite an honor
    How exciting plus the margaritas and appetizers sound really good right now! congratulatons, you make us proud!
    hugs Jackie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    That's awesome, elm!
    Yes, what an honor for you! You make us all proud! :-)

And the restaurant - how cool is that?!?, what they're doing for the entire month of October to benefit the Komen Foundation!

Have lotsa fun tonight, enjoy!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Holy Guacamole, Sister! :-)
    Holy Guacamole, Sister! :-) You represent us well! Have a grand time!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    It was awesome!
    This event was so much fun! I posted a few pictures. I got to be part of the ribbon cutting ceremony. My sister went with me, my manager from work, my friend and my daughter's mother in law all showed up! I met a 5 year survivor named Mimi who was the sweetest lady! She is the one cutting the ribbon! We exchanged email addresses. She made a donation in my honor and gave me a tshirt. My friend Cheryl made a donation in my honor for a bracelet, which she gave to me. There was a silent auction and I met the artist of one of the paintings. There was so much food! And some top shelf tequilas for the margaritas, too. They will have events all month long and all of the stories submitted will be hanging in the restaurant. Everyone I met will be participating in the race next Sunday. What a great night it was!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    elm3544 said:

It was awesome!
    This event was so much fun! I posted a few pictures. I got to be part of the ribbon cutting ceremony. My sister went with me, my manager from work, my friend and my daughter's mother in law all showed up! I met a 5 year survivor named Mimi who was the sweetest lady! She is the one cutting the ribbon! We exchanged email addresses. She made a donation in my honor and gave me a tshirt. My friend Cheryl made a donation in my honor for a bracelet, which she gave to me. There was a silent auction and I met the artist of one of the paintings. There was so much food! And some top shelf tequilas for the margaritas, too. They will have events all month long and all of the stories submitted will be hanging in the restaurant. Everyone I met will be participating in the race next Sunday. What a great night it was!

Sounds like you
    had a great time,elm.Proud of you for doing all of that!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations!! You'll do
    Congratulations!! You'll do us proud.