OK, now the wait

Options
padee6339
padee6339 Member Posts: 763
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
On Tuesday I had an appointment with the surgeon. I stopped by radiology to pick up the reports and x-rays and then went to the surgeon. After the surgeon finished checking out the right breast, then he moved to the left. He seemed very perplexed and when I went into the office he told me that there was some kind of mistake, that the reports and x-rays said the right breast, and an almost duplicate suspicious lump. But, he did find the one on the left. Well, gee I told him that I was there because of the left bump. I have NED in the right, but the left has the lump. He told me to take folder back to the radiologist and have him either rewrite the report with the correct information or re-do all the mammograms. I was pretty pissed leaving his office and went to the radiologist and spent an hour and a half with him defending the girl who sent out last years report instead of this years. They were off by one day 9/24/09 and 9/23/08. Stupid all of us for not checking the year. The report shows "noted region of physical and radiographic concern, a region of increased mixed echogenicity measuring in total approximately 1.4 x 1.5 x 1.1 cm with an echogenic peripheral zone measuring approximately 4 to 6 mm in thickness with central lucent region (ed. liquid?) measuring approximately 5 to 6 mm in diameter. I told the radiologist that because of his office's error, I would wait until he spoke to the surgeon about the findings (as the surgeon had already looked at and felt the lump already). I did wait until he spoke to the surgeon, got copies of the correct information and called the surgeon when I got home to see if and when he was scheduling the biopsy. The girl at the desk said they would contact me. I just called this morning because I want this done and soon and put behind me. They will call back. What is this? The second time is not as important as the first time????? Ijust want this out. The surgeon did say that during the biopsy, he will try to just lift the whole thing out and if its a cyst that will be it. Pray pray pray.

I was so upset Tuesday with playing medical messenger and running back and forth, missing another day from work that I just wanted to beat at anything in my path. Unfortunately that was my 88 year old Mom, so I couldn't beat her - haha. I had to take her to the dentist instead - she cracked a crown. I think she was more nervous than I was about going to the doctor. Her's was fixed, I'm still waiting.

I will keep you all posted and I thank each and every one of you for reading this babbling rambling essay!

Pat

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    I am so sorry!
    The waiting is bad enough, but then to have to wait because of someone else's mistakes is ridiculous!

I feel your pain, I've had my own issues with waiting this week. I am so sorry and I will pray.

Blessings,
    dh
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    So not fair...
    I am a very understanding person when it comes to mistakes because after all, we are only human and I am not above making them. But mixing up something such as "right" and "left" is inexcusable. We learned this lesson in kindergarden. So sorry, Pat, and I hope they reschedule you soon.
    I just had a Dr refuse to treat me today, because in the course of our conversation, it was mentioned that I was in a car accident 1 1/2 years ago. He stopped cold. Said he does not treat anyone that was EVER in a car accident, but not to worry, I won't be charged for the visit. I was appalled at the fact that they would pick and choose patients based on a possibility of mechanism of injury.
    Luckily the Nurosurgeon I also saw today was so concerned that I had this problem, put it on hold to treat my cancer, then his findings concerned him so much that he is trying to get test done before my surgery on Tuesday. I don't know how he will pull it off in such a short time, but we will see.
    By the way, rambling is good....just ask your Mom!! LOL Pammy
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    PAT
    I'm so sorry for all that your going through. To make a mistake is human ,but the right and left is not. It make you wonder!! I'll keep you in my prayers, Hugs, Diane