Leaving on a jet plane

rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all my sweet sisters in Pink! I have missed you all. I have been busy working 12 hour days, I am on my feet for the whole time (I am a CNA) and it is wearing me out, although it is a good tired, knowing i have accomplished something at the end of the day. Instead of the tired from chemo.

My hair is growing back and I will use Claudias description of a chea pet LOL!! to describe it. It is coming around the time of year of my dx. It was right before thanksgiving last year (08). Looking back it has a very rough year, bt I have braved through it. When I was dx'd my daughter Jamie said..."next year we will be walking in the Susan B. Koleman. You will be a survivor"!

Well, I didn't think I would ever get there but here I am. I am leaving tomorrow, flying to Denver to walk with Jamie. My oldest son Ryan, My sweet daughter- in-law Angie and the light in my eyes....my grandaughters Shay and Shelby will be there also. They can't wait to walk with their "gramma Jackie". I will be carrying you all with me in my heart also...I can't imagine what my year would have been without you. I love you all so much.

hugs, Jackie

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    enjoy!
    Have a wonderful time with your family ... have a great walk ... and thank you so much to taking us all with you as you walk.

hugs.
    teena
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    You've EARNED it, dear Jackie!
    Moopsy and I are delighted to know you are finally on your way to Denver. I remember all too well how lousy Thanksgiving 2008 turned out to be, and I'm so glad that Thanksgiving season 2009 is turning out so much better!

Love,
    Joe
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Go Jackie! Have a great
    Go Jackie! Have a great time! You're like that ant that moved the rubber tree plant! If you remember that song you're as old as I am. I don't think you are so it was a song by Frank Sinatra.
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Have a wonderful time! I
    Have a wonderful time! I used to be a CNA. I loved my job.
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    lanie940 said:

Have a wonderful time! I
    Have a wonderful time! I used to be a CNA. I loved my job.

Every step will be one step closer to a cure.
    Oh Jackie,
    What a wonderful way to forget about how lousy you felt last year and to celebrate your survivorship. My friend Laura just did the Avon 39 mile walk last month. I hope to walk with her next year. Have a great time and thank you walking for us. Love Surf
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    FANTASTIC!
    Thanks for taking us in your heart! What a difference a year makes.
    I'm walking this weekend, 5k.....I may not finish due to the tiredness but I'll give it my best shot.

Got get 'em!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good luck, dear Jackie!
    I, too, remember last Thanksgiving (I was diagnosed the week before). What a time. I can't believe we are now almost to the next one. I couldn't have gotten through without you, Moopy, Claudia, Lili, Kathi, and so many others here. I'm very excited that you are fulfilling your wish to walk the Koman with your family. You've come a very, very long way, Jackie, and I couldn't be prouder to call you my friend. Please, please keep checking in once in a while. I miss you, already! Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying the glorious autumn and your family.

Mimi
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Hi Jackie -
    This too is my one year "anniversary" of my diagnosis. I understand all of your feelings about this past year. Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years, Chemo, Rads. Now you are taking your walk with your wonderful family! Congratulations to us both for surviving this year. Now I wait for my surgeon to call me back with an appointment for another biopsy. Hopefully it is a cyst or a hematoma, but they again called it suspicious. In my heart, I'm doing the walk with you. Have a great time!
    Pat
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jackie,
    I can't believe that

Jackie,
    I can't believe that this much time has indeed passed. I was dx in October last year so I am also nearing my one year mark.
    You have a great time with your family and my heart will be with you during your walk. You have been through so much this year and marking your sirvivorship with your children and their spouses is so wonderful. We love you right back.
    Stef
  • rjjj
    fauxma said:

Jackie,
    I can't believe that

Jackie,
    I can't believe that this much time has indeed passed. I was dx in October last year so I am also nearing my one year mark.
    You have a great time with your family and my heart will be with you during your walk. You have been through so much this year and marking your sirvivorship with your children and their spouses is so wonderful. We love you right back.
    Stef

seems like alot of us
    are nearing our 1 year mark. I am so glad I have you all to jump over the next line with! I have looked forward to this trip for a long time now, and wouldn't you know it...yesterday I was coming out of the camper, tripped ging down the steps and landed on my back. I was sooo ticked off, I had to sleep all night in the recliner and take a pain pill i haven't used since rads!! I prayed all night I will get better before the walk. I am slightly better today...able to pack and walk around a bit..hopefully I will be recovered in the next couple days, because nothing will stop me from going!

Hugs, jackie
  • rjjj
    Marcia527 said:

Go Jackie! Have a great
    Go Jackie! Have a great time! You're like that ant that moved the rubber tree plant! If you remember that song you're as old as I am. I don't think you are so it was a song by Frank Sinatra.

Oh yes Marcia
    I do remember that song...guess i'm showing my age! but hey, were both just a cple of spring chickens Huh?
    hugs, jackie
  • rjjj
    Aortus said:

You've EARNED it, dear Jackie!
    Moopsy and I are delighted to know you are finally on your way to Denver. I remember all too well how lousy Thanksgiving 2008 turned out to be, and I'm so glad that Thanksgiving season 2009 is turning out so much better!

Love,
    Joe

This Thanksgiving
    can only be so much better for you two also! We are all beginning a new season...filled with much happiness I pray.
    BTW that sure is one hot lady on your arm!!! (love the pic)
    jackie
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    rjjj said:

seems like alot of us
    are nearing our 1 year mark. I am so glad I have you all to jump over the next line with! I have looked forward to this trip for a long time now, and wouldn't you know it...yesterday I was coming out of the camper, tripped ging down the steps and landed on my back. I was sooo ticked off, I had to sleep all night in the recliner and take a pain pill i haven't used since rads!! I prayed all night I will get better before the walk. I am slightly better today...able to pack and walk around a bit..hopefully I will be recovered in the next couple days, because nothing will stop me from going!

Hugs, jackie

Have
    A wonderful time with your Family!!! I'm so happy that you are doing so good!! you sound terrific!! My walk is the next Saturday!!! I will be thinking of you!!

Calleen
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hi Jackie.
    I am so glad for you.And it gives me hope being I am just starting treatments.And have such a long way to go.Next year at this time like you I will then be a survivor.You give me inspiration.God bless you.Enjoy every minute of the trip you have erned it.love and prayers.(Pat).
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Have a wonderful time with
    Have a wonderful time with your family! And congratulations on getting through such a tough year!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Jackie, I am so happy for you the trip sounds great! Well, of course with all that family surrounding you with love how could it be anything but great and you deserve it! Relax and enjoy, will be thinking of you!

Hugs,

RE
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Dear friend, Jackie...
    Checking in on October 1st - our "big" month... And found YOUR thread! Yes, dear friend, this is exactly what it's all about - isn't it? :-)

A "rough" year? How 'bout the worst year of your life, ever? I wish you never, ever have another year that even comes close...

What a wonderful way to mark your own one year anniversary for diagnosis! I know you're really looking forward to being with Jamie - and your son, and his family. And it's awesome that you're all going to participate in the Komen walk together. I sincerely hope you find the experience inspiring!

Thank you, all, for what you'll do. Enjoy your trip, dear friend. Most of all, enjoy your precious family. Will be with you, in thought and spirit. Cheering you on, so very proud of you, Jackie.

Kind regards, Susan
  • rjjj

Dear friend, Jackie...
    Checking in on October 1st - our "big" month... And found YOUR thread! Yes, dear friend, this is exactly what it's all about - isn't it? :-)

A "rough" year? How 'bout the worst year of your life, ever? I wish you never, ever have another year that even comes close...

What a wonderful way to mark your own one year anniversary for diagnosis! I know you're really looking forward to being with Jamie - and your son, and his family. And it's awesome that you're all going to participate in the Komen walk together. I sincerely hope you find the experience inspiring!

Thank you, all, for what you'll do. Enjoy your trip, dear friend. Most of all, enjoy your precious family. Will be with you, in thought and spirit. Cheering you on, so very proud of you, Jackie.

Kind regards, Susan

Ok Susan
    your right it was probably the "worst" year of my life, One good thing did come out of it though...meeting you and all of our other dear sisters and friends here....I will be walking for you and all of our beautiful and brave sisters here.
    love, jackie
  • rjjj

Dear friend, Jackie...

Kind regards, Susan

Ok Susan
    your right it was probably the "worst" year of my life, One good thing did come out of it though...meeting you and all of our other dear sisters and friends here....I will be walking for you and all of our dear and brave sisters here.
    love, jackie
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    JACKIE
    Enjoy your family and GOOD LUCK with your walk. "You go Girl"!! Hugs, Diane