FALSE ALARM RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY CANCELLED!!!

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all my bc buddies, well I saw my surgeon just hours ago and since my cold is resurfacing he has canceled my surgery for Thursday. I am a bit relieved as I realized over the weekend that my cold was coming back. Sorry for the false alarm, I will let you know when it is rescheduled.

Hugs to all,

RE

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Ive been out of the loop for a while, so im not sure what surgery you have to have. I just want to wish you luck and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get to feeling better with that cold too.
    take care
    laura
  • RE
    lolad said:

Ive been out of the loop for a while, so im not sure what surgery you have to have. I just want to wish you luck and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get to feeling better with that cold too.
    take care
    laura

THANK YOU!
    Thank you, you are too kind. I fixed the title of my thread to clear up the issue of what surgery is pending. My cold will get better it is just not easy for me to get rid of these things...my immune system is not what it once was. I hope you are doing well and that things are looking up for you!

Hugs,

RE
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    lolad said:

take care
    laura

RE, thanks for letting us know about the postponement. Get back in touch when it is rescheduled, and take care of that cold....I have been avoiding everyone who has the sniffles, and so far, so good. You are in my thoughts. Hugs,

Judy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Take care of yourself, RE
    Nurse that cold and get better soon. I see another "me day" in your future. Hope it's rescheduled soon.

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Ahhhhh~Choooo!!!!
    I wasn't quite sure who I heard sneezing..now I know it was you, sweet RE! I hope that you will be feeling better soon, and that your surgery will be rescheduled in no time!

Hugs and Kleenex,
    Chen♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Glad that your surgeon is
    Glad that your surgeon is not taking any chances with your immune system, RE. You rest and take care of yourself, ok?
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    OK, RE...
    I just scratched your name off my calendar for October 1st...

Sorry for the lingering cold (darn it! it's been hangin' on - hasn't it?) and for the surgery re-schedule. Because I know you were looking forward to being "done"... However, really glad your surgeon's being cautious. Better for you, of course, in the long run.

Yes, please let us know your new date, when you can.

In the meantime... Lotsa chicken soup, rest, take very good care of yourself. Gotta lose that annoyingly pesky cold!

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Yeah RE,
    better to be safe than sorry,I guess!Thanks for letting us know!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Darn...
    So sorry to hear a cold has kept you from your surgery. We will be waiting to hear when you will try again. In the mean time, please take care of yourself. I have been avoiding everyone I can too so as not to catch anything if that is possible. So far, so good. Hope you are feeling better. If I could, I would send you some chicken soup :)Pammy
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Surgery
    RE - I'm kind of new to this websight and I'm supposed to be having reconstructive surgery sometime this next month. I'm wondering what kind of procedure you had and how many surgeries you've had to go through. I'm getting pretty anxious to get on with things, but nervous, too, and any information you could give me would surely be helpful. Thanks so much, and take care of yourself.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Yeah RE,
    better to be safe than sorry,I guess!Thanks for letting us know!

You just take care of yourself and get over your cold. I would nurse you back to health myself if we were closer. I know you have a great family that will get you thru it. Let us know when it is rescheduled.

Kristin ♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    sorry RE
    it sucks to get yourself geared up for another surgery, then to have to set it aside again. Hope you feel better soon. Let us know when you are scheduled again. I am now 6 weeks out of mine, and have been scolded by many (Susan, Moopster, Patty, to name a few) that I am doing too much too soon. But we had a great weekend in Mariposa, dirt roading and all....
    Take care of yourself and get better soon!
    =^..^=
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Eat a lot of chicken soup.
    Eat a lot of chicken soup. Get well soon.
  • RE
    I am just bringing this back to the top as i see some folks still think i am going in for surgery tomorrow. It was canceled for the time being due to my cold. Thank you all for you loving support it means a great deal to me!

RE
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    RE said:

I am just bringing this back to the top as i see some folks still think i am going in for surgery tomorrow. It was canceled for the time being due to my cold. Thank you all for you loving support it means a great deal to me!

RE

Get well soon RE!
    ♠♣

Get well soon RE!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • RE
    susie09 said:

Get well soon RE!
    ♠♣

Get well soon RE!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
    Hopefully I will get to see my gp tomorrow and hopefully they can help me get rid of this head cold! THank you all for you caring words and support.

RE
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    RE said:

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
    Hopefully I will get to see my gp tomorrow and hopefully they can help me get rid of this head cold! THank you all for you caring words and support.

RE

Let us know when surgery is
    Let us know when surgery is rescheduled. (Love the picture...LOL) Hugs. Judy