vent..vent

prv
prv Member Posts: 107
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am very tired and down tonight. I am overworked at my job, worried about making mistakes, trying to run my house and trying to take care of my little seven year old girl all as a single mom. I work long hours at a stressful job, cannot afford a leave of absence. Doing round two of taxol tomorrow after already having 4 A/C. No joy in my life right now. Putting one foot in front of the other every day. Trying to pray to keep going. Hope God is listening and will help me.

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi prv
    I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. For what its worth, I just finished a/c and have done 3 rounds of taxol/herceptin. I have 1 more to go and I can honestly say that the a/c is so much harder than the taxol. I work as a homecare nurse and I am managing to work close to 35 hours per week, but I dont have a 7 year old at home and my husband is retired so he does everything around the house.

YOu will find less nausea with the taxol..more achiness and fatigue than anything. My doctor orderred allegra for the achiness which is an antihistamine and that helped.

My suggestion for you would be to only do at home what you have to do...nobody cares how clean your house is. Maybe you and your daughter can throw something in the crock pot together to help with the cooking...dont stress over household stuff.

I wish I could help you with the work situation. Try to focus as much as you can to lessen the mistakes but rest when you can at home...and as always you are not alone in this. WE are here for you.

Hugs
    LInda T
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi prv
    I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. For what its worth, I just finished a/c and have done 3 rounds of taxol/herceptin. I have 1 more to go and I can honestly say that the a/c is so much harder than the taxol. I work as a homecare nurse and I am managing to work close to 35 hours per week, but I dont have a 7 year old at home and my husband is retired so he does everything around the house.

YOu will find less nausea with the taxol..more achiness and fatigue than anything. My doctor orderred allegra for the achiness which is an antihistamine and that helped.

My suggestion for you would be to only do at home what you have to do...nobody cares how clean your house is. Maybe you and your daughter can throw something in the crock pot together to help with the cooking...dont stress over household stuff.

I wish I could help you with the work situation. Try to focus as much as you can to lessen the mistakes but rest when you can at home...and as always you are not alone in this. WE are here for you.

Hugs
    LInda T

Hello PRV .. taking 1 step at a time is the only way to
    survive what your body, mind and soul are experiencing right now. I am 100% in agreement with mimit 1 -- my chemo cocktail is so much harder on my body and mind - than my herception - I realize it's no the same as taxol - but I can relate. I am on disability right now, but I have been a Purchasing Manager for 16 years - I know stress, I also know that many of my 8 hour days - turned into 12 hours with no breaks a.m./p.m. or lunch breaks. So disability it is. Do you have any relatives nearby or friends that help with your 7 year daughter - maybe a playdate?

I would like to add - let your house work go - you need rest. Easier said than done. There are hundreds of receipes on line - for slow cookers. If not, if possible purchase a few frozen pizza's and add veggies.

I will keep you in good thoughts and prayers.

VickiSam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Wow prv,
    you've definately got your hands full!
    I know that you're a single mom,so you can't totally let things go at home-but just do what you have to.Is there anyone who can help you?
    God is listening.
    Love,
    Patty
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Hang in there....
    I'm so sorry to hear how hard it is right now for you. Worse, being tired makes us feel more down. I will keep you in my prayers. Just remember to PUSH (pray until something happens). God hears you! Pammy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Prv
    I am currently going through A/C and know exactly how you feel. Im also a single mom of three and know how hard it is to go through this and work and take care of kids. God is listening, it may not feel that way sometimes, but he is. I get down alot too. Sometimes wonder how im going to make it, but we will make it. Keep your head up, try to be strong.

take care
    laura
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    PRV
    I think we all get down with the situation we are in.
    I will keep me in my prayers. Please don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family. If your like me I hate to admit I need help. But I found out that I do from time to time! Hugs and prayers, Diane
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    chickad52 said:

PRV
    I think we all get down with the situation we are in.
    I will keep me in my prayers. Please don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family. If your like me I hate to admit I need help. But I found out that I do from time to time! Hugs and prayers, Diane

I agree
    I agree with the others when they say to ask for help. Often there are people out there ... friends, family, co-workers, neighbors etc. who would like to help but they just don't know how and are often afraid to ask. I was in that situation during chemo ... when I needed rides. I finally got up "nerve" to ask a neighbor and she and her husband were more than happy to help me. All I had to do was ask.

Once I realized I couldn't do everything for myself ... it was much easier. You have enough to deal with right now without trying to be Superwoman.

Good luck.

Hugs.
    teena