my scan results

lisa42
lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everybody,

Well, I ended up waiting over the weekend for my scan results, but I really wasn't fretting or worrying too much about it. I had a Dr. appt this morning and got and discussed the results then. "Good" and "stable" are the results. On my last PET in late July, I had old and new nodules lighting up in my lungs. None went away, but they are stable, with the largest shrinking by a couple of millimeters. The new nodule that showed up on the July PET in my liver has "now resolved"- it's gone. :) Nothing new has shown up anywhere else in my body. So, at this point in time, I still "just" have the "innumerable subcentimeter pulmonary nodules" that I had before. I had never seen the wording "innumerable nodules" on my reports before- it was always worded as "multiple"- I never really knew how many there were- so it sounds like there are just little nodules scattered all over my lungs. I guess that hasn't changed, I just never really was aware of how many there were. That's why I'm not a candidate for lung surgery or radiation- there's too many. Obviously gone or much smaller would have been even better (although I did get that in my liver!), but I will definitely take "stable". I have no pain or difficulty with breathing, any coughing, etc.- I've been fortunate that I have no cancer related pain at all.

My oncologist acted as this was all good news, and so that's the way I'm taking it too.
I will continue on with the Folfiri every other week. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Oct. 7th, but I'm really not worried about that at all. I discussed with him how sick I've been getting after each Folfiri treatment & how whatever they've been giving me for antinausea hasn't been cutting it. The give me a few different things in my I.V. for it & I've had a prescription for Kytril. I'm going to go back to the Emend, as it worked when I took it long ago. I'm also going to try adding in ginger capsules for the nausea, as well. I'm supposed to take two ginger capsules shortly before the chemo treatment (which I get Wednesday).
So, we'll see how it goes this time.

Lisa

Comments

• serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    lisa's scan
    Fabulous news Lisa!!!!
    Serrana
  • serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    lisa's nausea
    Do you have reglan or dexamethasone in your cocktail? I did and never had nausea at all. Ask about it.
    Serrana
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    serrana said:

lisa's scan
    Fabulous news Lisa!!!!
    Serrana

Have you tried juicing ginger
    When I go on chemo I juice fresh ginger. I drink it with fresh squeezed lemon juice or freshly brewed tea. This really works for me and for everyone else I know that has tried it. Juice a piece the size of your thumb and add it to whatever you like, if you can handle it drink it straight or mix it with some chicken broth. A very good friend of mine was taking a pill once a day that cost $200.00 for nausea, she hasn't needed one since she's been juicing ginger.
  • lisa42
    snommintj said:

Have you tried juicing ginger
    When I go on chemo I juice fresh ginger. I drink it with fresh squeezed lemon juice or freshly brewed tea. This really works for me and for everyone else I know that has tried it. Juice a piece the size of your thumb and add it to whatever you like, if you can handle it drink it straight or mix it with some chicken broth. A very good friend of mine was taking a pill once a day that cost $200.00 for nausea, she hasn't needed one since she's been juicing ginger.

I will try it
    John,

Thanks for the suggestion- I will try it!
  • lisa42
    serrana said:

lisa's nausea
    Do you have reglan or dexamethasone in your cocktail? I did and never had nausea at all. Ask about it.
    Serrana

Serrana, yes, I have the reglan, but I don't know about the other. I will ask about it when I go in on Wednesday. Thanks Serrana. :)
    BTW- other issues we talked about on the phone are doing a bit better too. :)

Lisa
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi dear Lisa,the results of
    Hi dear Lisa,the results of scan sound pretty good,liver is clean,lung is still stable,no pain.The chemo is still doing its job.Just hope the nausea will be under control very soon after you try the suggestions John and Serrana just posted.Best luck and best wishes to you and your family.Take care.Hugsss.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Good!
    That sounds pretty good! I'm glad it looks like you're maintaining just fine.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202

Hi dear Lisa,the results of
    Hi dear Lisa,the results of scan sound pretty good,liver is clean,lung is still stable,no pain.The chemo is still doing its job.Just hope the nausea will be under control very soon after you try the suggestions John and Serrana just posted.Best luck and best wishes to you and your family.Take care.Hugsss.

yay!!
    Sounds like good news.. that is awesome for you. I got dexamethasone as well and never had any issues with nausea either.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for passing on your scan results. It sounds good. Steady as she goes...

I recall having stomach problems with Irinotecan when I had it with both 5FU and Xeloda. They used to give me something prior to the IV to prevent the early onset of diarhea.

Good luck in your program ahead. I hope things are going better for you.

Rob; in Van
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    good news
    hugs Iisa good to read all is stable.hope the sickness gets better.also hope your family problems are better also.thinking and praying for you
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hi Lisa
    Hi Lisa,
    It is good to hear that things are stable and that your liver situation has resolved. I am so happy to hear that you aren't in pain. I hope things with your family are OK. It would be great if you could get out and walk with your kids... those endorphins are real... they may feel better.
    Thinking of you and saying a special prayer for you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

BTW I had to wait for something today so thought I'd pray while waiting. You came to my mind first. :)
  • melo72
    melo72 Member Posts: 36
    robinvan said:

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for passing on your scan results. It sounds good. Steady as she goes...

I recall having stomach problems with Irinotecan when I had it with both 5FU and Xeloda. They used to give me something prior to the IV to prevent the early onset of diarhea.

Good luck in your program ahead. I hope things are going better for you.

Rob; in Van

IV drug prevent Diarhea
    My mother gets very severe diarhea when she is on the FOLFOX.she always hospitalizes because of dehydration,low potassium,low sodium and...
    May I ask you what was the pevention drug?Maybe we can ask from her Onco to use it for her.

Thanx
    melody
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member

Hi Lisa
    Hi Lisa,
    It is good to hear that things are stable and that your liver situation has resolved. I am so happy to hear that you aren't in pain. I hope things with your family are OK. It would be great if you could get out and walk with your kids... those endorphins are real... they may feel better.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

BTW I had to wait for something today so thought I'd pray while waiting. You came to my mind first. :)

So Glad
    Lisa,
    So glad to hear that things are stable. I hope things at home are getting better.
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Dawn
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Keeping you in my thoughts
    Lisa,

I keep you in my thoughts quite a bit and I am very glad to hear that you had good results from your scans.

Amy
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Lisa :)
    That is comforting news, Lisa :)

Good and Stable will definitely work!

Thinking of you an hoping and praying that things continue in a positive direction for you. I hope everything else in your life gets better as well.

((((LISA))))

-Craig
  • lisa42
    Melody- that too
    Oh yeah, diahrrea is most definitely an issue too- I don't have the drug they give me in my I.V. for it written down & I can't remember it- sorry. whatever it is, it definitely keeps the irinotecan related diahrrea away for a couple of days, but I do have to take lomotil for it starting a couple of days later. It's the urgency that comes along with it that is so awful. I can feel fine one minute, then all of a sudden I get that feeling- which is worse than just needing to go to the bathroom- I'll all of a sudden feel like I've got the flu and need to get to the bathroom asap or I'll have an accident- and I have a few times. I'm told to take the lomotil as preventative. I do much of the time, but there's a balance of how much to take, otherwise then constipation sets in. What a life!

Lisa
  • lisa42

Hi Lisa
    Hi Lisa,

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Kathleen
    Kathleen,

I'm touched by your caring and your praying- thank you so very much!
    I have been getting out and walking & that's been a good thing. Yesterday we finally had some cooler weather (only in the 80's- it's been so miserably hot before- in the 90's and even 100's some days in the last couple of weeks). So walking in beautiful weather definitely helps my endorphins get going, as you said!

Lisa
  • lisa42
    Sonia32 said:

good news
    hugs Iisa good to read all is stable.hope the sickness gets better.also hope your family problems are better also.thinking and praying for you

Sonia
    Thanks Sonia. Sorry I didn't get back to you yet on your email. Things are a bit better- not neccesarily on the part of my family, but on how I'm approaching it and looking at it. That helps. How are YOU doing lately? We'll catch up in private email.

Take care,
    Lisa
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Stable
    Hi Lisa, I've been on the stable train for quite a while. I do not have as many spots as you but stable is a great word to hear. You know my method of dealing with nausea, it works like a charm.
    I'm glad to hear your news, it sounds very good overall
    -p
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    PhillieG said:

Stable
    Hi Lisa, I've been on the stable train for quite a while. I do not have as many spots as you but stable is a great word to hear. You know my method of dealing with nausea, it works like a charm.
    I'm glad to hear your news, it sounds very good overall
    -p

stable=good
    I think that is great news.thinking of you

michelle