Good News!

m_azingrace
m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dear Sisters, rejoice with me for this small victory:

On Sept 9th I had an MRI on my left shoulder, to see if a pin would be needed to strengthen it. Today we met with the orthopedist, and he said it appeared to be fine, with no evidence of any hairline cracks. He does not believe surgery will be necessary. This is a huge relief to me, as I was dreading the probablily of lymphedemia.

The news is bittersweet. The oncologist is most likely going to order rads for that area. Not a pleasant prospect, but still much better than a lifetime of difficulty if I'd had to have surgery.

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    No Surgery,great.
    Grace.I AM GLAD YOU DON,T HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY.IHANKFUL YOU GOT SOME GOOD NEWS.I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY Prayers.God Bless you.I had my first Chemo today,Iv been on a emotional rollercoaster ride the last two days.So glad to read you got good news.Take Care my friend.(Pat).
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Every Victory to be Celebrated
    M_azinggrace, I am so happy for you. I have read your posts and knew of the possibility a pin would be needed. This is excellent news. I am celebrating with you. You have such a wonderful spirit and attitude that I know you will have many victories,large and small, ahead of you.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That is good news!! I'm so
    That is good news!! I'm so glad for you, rads is a little easier than surgery, for sure!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Im so happy that you dont
    Im so happy that you dont have to do the surgery, but sad that you still have such a fight to go through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

laura
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ;-)
    Very happy for you, each victory is one worth celebrating!

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Glad that you won't have to have surgery!
    You can handle rads,m_azing! I know you can!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Glad that you won't have to have surgery!
    You can handle rads,m_azing! I know you can!!

Congrats Gracie on not
    Congrats Gracie on not having to have surgery! You will do fine with rads. There are several now that are going thru them and I and others will help you too. Just ask!

Kylez ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    RE said:

;-)
    Very happy for you, each victory is one worth celebrating!

RE

I am so glad for you! You
    I am so glad for you! You should be happy!

♥ Noel