Another worry

Tux
Tux Member Posts: 544
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just finished rads--had a very sore tooth, finally went to dentist last week-he said it was an abcess & gave me antibiotics. I went back today for him to work on it & it is still infected--with gangrene! So he got as much of the infection out as possible & gave me more antibiotics. The pain has been keeping me awake at night, so I hope that this procedure today helps. I am really going to keep on top of this! I am using the pain pills from my bc surgery. I have missed no work with the bc and 4 days so far with the tooth!

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Tux,
    I've had weird things

Tux,

I've had weird things going on with my body, and I think part of it is just the physical, emotional stress that we're all dealing with. I'm sorry about the infected tooth. Praying that it gets better soon!

Take care,
    d.h.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ouch!
    Sorry about that, Tux. Yes, chemo can have horrible effects on oral health. Good that you and your dentist are giving the infection the attention it requires. Hoping it clears up soon.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Congrats and I am sorry
    First Tux, CONGRATS on finishing rads! That is a huge accomplishment! I hope that you are doing ok after that. Second, I am sorry about your infected tooth. I pray that the antibiotics will take care of it very soon!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Glad that
    you've finished with rads and have it behind you. Sorry about your tooth-that sounds painful!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Tooth
    I have a question. Did he REMOVE the tooth? I had something simular before ca. Abcess do not go away w antibotics, it just "shrinks" it. Off antibotics back it comes. My oral surgeon put me on antibotics for 3 days and then pulled it. I finished that round and no more probs. The denist I was seeing was just keeping me on antiboics. I have a tooth now that is making me nervous. Yikes
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Katz77 said:

Tooth
    I have a question. Did he REMOVE the tooth? I had something simular before ca. Abcess do not go away w antibotics, it just "shrinks" it. Off antibotics back it comes. My oral surgeon put me on antibotics for 3 days and then pulled it. I finished that round and no more probs. The denist I was seeing was just keeping me on antiboics. I have a tooth now that is making me nervous. Yikes

No, he did not extract the
    No, he did not extract the tooth. Maybe he should have... I will just have to keep a careful watch on it. I have had a similar situation where I had an extraction & then an implant, so I may wind up with the same situation here. I do feel much better today.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Ouch Tux, sometimes a
    Ouch Tux, sometimes a toothache can be more painful then anything else. I hope the antibiotics starts working. I would rinse with salt water also. It helps to keep the swelling down. Hugs, Lili
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Tux said:

No, he did not extract the
    No, he did not extract the tooth. Maybe he should have... I will just have to keep a careful watch on it. I have had a similar situation where I had an extraction & then an implant, so I may wind up with the same situation here. I do feel much better today.

Hi Tux! I hope that
    Hi Tux! I hope that everything works out ok with your tooth. Be sure and keep an eye on it. And, CONGRATS on finishing rads!

♥ Noel
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Ouch Tux, sometimes a
    Ouch Tux, sometimes a toothache can be more painful then anything else. I hope the antibiotics starts working. I would rinse with salt water also. It helps to keep the swelling down. Hugs, Lili

OMG .. I am so sorry Tux ..
    I remember when I pregnant with my son - I have all 4 wisdom teeth infected at the same time. There is no describing my pain. Anything having to do with Mouth & Infection -- ouch!!!!

Salt water (warm water) .. very good idea .. keep rinsing 5 to 6 times a day. Also, place ice pack on the outside of your infected area to keep swelling down. Hoping the antibiotics start to work.

Good Luck,

VickiSam
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Tux
    As if you didnt have enough on your plate, now you have this to think about! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Please hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you and hope your infection clears quickly

Hugs
    Linda T
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Tux
    As if you didnt have enough on your plate, now you have this to think about! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Please hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you and hope your infection clears quickly

Hugs
    Linda T

ouch
    Congrats to you Tux on being done with rads!

I hope everything works out ok with your tooth.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    susie09 said:

ouch
    Congrats to you Tux on being done with rads!

I hope everything works out ok with your tooth.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

I hope your infection clears
    I hope your infection clears up Tux. I feel sorry for you. Let us know!

Angie