First chemo Tues.can i be losing my hair already?

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HI,I Had Chemo Tues, This morning i seen more hair in my comb then usual.I have came down with a bad headach this evening.Do you think it starting to come out already?Does it give you a head ach when it does?Even though i knew it would happen ,I am freaking here,(Pat)

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    PAT
    Please don't panic. Even though you know you will lose your hair, it's still devestating. It was for me. I did notice my hair thinning after one treatment. By the third treatment it was coming out in clumps. So it was time to shave it off. That was easier than hving it come out in clumps. I found out that it's really not so bad!! Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pat .. Everyone is different .. depending on our chemo
    cocktails.. However, it is day #16 for me (started chemo 9/8) and I can say that my hair is coming out in clumps. Shaved it tonight. For symptoms .. please see my posting .. Help my scalp hurts .. 3/4 way down page one of our breast cancer posting.

Good luck and take a deep breathe.

VickiSam
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    VickiSam said:

Pat .. Everyone is different .. depending on our chemo
    cocktails.. However, it is day #16 for me (started chemo 9/8) and I can say that my hair is coming out in clumps. Shaved it tonight. For symptoms .. please see my posting .. Help my scalp hurts .. 3/4 way down page one of our breast cancer posting.

Good luck and take a deep breathe.

VickiSam

I had my first chemo Sept
    I had my first chemo Sept 16th, have noticed a few hairs coming out every now and then, seems like right now Im having my problems with my hair being EXTREMELY oily and acne along my scalp line and chest. Pimples that are more painful than just your regular teenage acne.
    Deb
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    yes its possible...
    I was adviced by my oncologist to have everything ready because I could start losing my hair after the first treatment. Although I didn't till after the second and when it started falling out it was in clumps and I was shedding everywhere..

Losing your hair is devastating. NOTHING can prepare you for this change. NOTHING anyone can say to you will make you feel better about it. esp. the insensitive people who tell you its only hair. God I hated that comment.. Yes, we know its only hair but would any of us make that choice to bick shave our heads.... NO..

You will have a good cry.. Take the razor out when your ready (only you will know when your ready)... You will look in the mirror the first time and be a little freaked out and then you'll get use to it. I have time I go to the store bald esp on the very hot days when anything on your head is unbareable ...

GOOD LUCK
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    e_hope said:

yes its possible...
    I was adviced by my oncologist to have everything ready because I could start losing my hair after the first treatment. Although I didn't till after the second and when it started falling out it was in clumps and I was shedding everywhere..

Losing your hair is devastating. NOTHING can prepare you for this change. NOTHING anyone can say to you will make you feel better about it. esp. the insensitive people who tell you its only hair. God I hated that comment.. Yes, we know its only hair but would any of us make that choice to bick shave our heads.... NO..

You will have a good cry.. Take the razor out when your ready (only you will know when your ready)... You will look in the mirror the first time and be a little freaked out and then you'll get use to it. I have time I go to the store bald esp on the very hot days when anything on your head is unbareable ...

GOOD LUCK

I started losing my hair
    I started losing my hair about 10 days after my first chemo treatment. I do believe it was coming out a little at a time before that tho. The 10th day is when it started to clump out. It didnt cause me a headache, however just heartache.

take care
    laura
  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    Did you have surgery yet?
    My surgeon told me was that surgery can make your hair fall out some, so that may be encouraging your hair to fall out a little more quickly. My head was really sore when my hair did fall out. Now that I think back Ihad a naggy headache during that time but I thought it was the steroids they gave me for chemo. Maybe it wasn't! Hang in there!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Pat,
    My head didn't hurt when my hair started to fall out but there are some on here whose heads did hurt.Is your hair falling out anywhere else? I know this might be TMI,but my pubic hair fell out first.
  • KEEP YOUR SHOES ON...NOT YOUR HAIR..
    Hi Pat, I too lost my hair a day after my first chemo. I was given one of the strongest chemo's around and was warned of this by my doctor. As I was combing my hair the next morning (I had hair below my waist), it began to fall off!! I was devastated!! I called my family crying and here comes my brother in law with the electric shaver and buzzed my hair off. ALL OF IT!! I accepted my hair bald by choice than I did when it fell off..Hey bald is beautiful, just think you can be any type of woman any day! you can be a blond one day or a red head the next!! : )
    Pat keep your shoes on and dance your hair off..it will eventually grow back months after your treatments are over...good luck, God bless and I too was bald!! (((standing proudly with hands on hips))) : )