Hey Thanks everyone

Options
Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just want to say thanks to everyone for all the advice on side effects. As some of you know I had to go to ER for cramping....they had no idea what it was. I was able to self diagnose after reading your comments, took stool softener and drank warm prune juice and had no cramping today for first time in a week or so! You ladies know some good stuff...I hope to share all my knowledge with some of these newer patients so they have it easy!
Talked to my doc and they seem to agree with me on the cramping..

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Glad things ar ummmmm moving along
    Glad things ar ummmmm moving along. I am esp glad that you did not have and infection. Keep drinking lots of fluids. One of my favs during chemo was the naturally flavored sparkling water from Walmart. I am a soda freak, but I could not handle drinking soda, so this was the perfet substuite (sp). I still drink tons of it, or should that be leters. Drinking lots of fluids is one of the best ways to keep things moving naturaly.
    Glad your feeling better.
    tj
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Well, let me just say that,
    Well, let me just say that, as opposed to the general populous, none of us here at CSN are full of it for very long!LOL Not with all of the pruney advice we get here on the boards! So happy you are feeling better!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    tjhay said:

Glad things ar ummmmm moving along
    Glad things ar ummmmm moving along. I am esp glad that you did not have and infection. Keep drinking lots of fluids. One of my favs during chemo was the naturally flavored sparkling water from Walmart. I am a soda freak, but I could not handle drinking soda, so this was the perfet substuite (sp). I still drink tons of it, or should that be leters. Drinking lots of fluids is one of the best ways to keep things moving naturaly.
    Glad your feeling better.
    tj

Soda
    Moopy gave up drinking soda during chemo too, and has not started up again. I still drink some, but I've been drinking sparkling water (mostly non flavored) for 20 years. My favorites are San Pellegrino, Schweppes Club Soda, and Canada Dry Club Soda. Nice to meet someone besides me who drinks the stuff!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Soda
    Moopy gave up drinking soda during chemo too, and has not started up again. I still drink some, but I've been drinking sparkling water (mostly non flavored) for 20 years. My favorites are San Pellegrino, Schweppes Club Soda, and Canada Dry Club Soda. Nice to meet someone besides me who drinks the stuff!

No sodas for me, either...
    All colas, in particular and no matter what brand, have a metallic taste. Also - no carbonated beverages for me. (Yes, I do miss the occasional ice cold beer - especially at summertime backyard get-togethers... sigh...)

Lots and lots of water, coffee, teas - these are my beverages of choice.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

No sodas for me, either...
    All colas, in particular and no matter what brand, have a metallic taste. Also - no carbonated beverages for me. (Yes, I do miss the occasional ice cold beer - especially at summertime backyard get-togethers... sigh...)

Lots and lots of water, coffee, teas - these are my beverages of choice.

Susan,
    you still get a metallic taste from soda this far out from chemo-wow!
    I still drink soda every once in a while when I eat pizza or get a craving for one,but don't drink them half as much as I used to..