First Chemo Session Starts Tomorrow, 9/24

Options
Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My turn has arrived and I can know start chemo. I will be on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Hercepin. The course of treatment will run every three weeks for 4-6 cycles. My hubby will be coming with me and will probably take Friday off as I don't know what to expect.

I feel much better about finally getting started. You see, I had a setback due to a Staph infection I developed in early September. I made the mistake of going to the gym to prep for chemo and came down with a skin infection on my lumpectomy incision. So much for best intentions. This blunder put a damper on the chemo start update. Luckily, that is all behind me now!

I spent part of the day at the beach. I walked, read the Psalms, and meditated on what lay before me. I know this is going to be difficult journey. I also know cancer is going to effect my husband and daughter and for that I feel badly. I trust God will see my family through this period and that He will strengthen our bounds in the process.

I am also comforted in knowing I have a team of great doctors who will over see the process with me. I was pleasantly surprised to come across some wonderful doctors, two of which are cancer survivors! I am ready, let the healing begin.

My best to you all on your journey. God bless.

Bella Luna

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Sending good wishes your way, Bella Luna
    Yes, it's good to finally begin. Can't finish, until you start.

I'll be hoping all goes well for you tomorrow. The first - of anything - is always the worst. Once tomorrow's treatment is over, you'll know much better what to expect. Which will be a relief.

Chemo can be quite difficult. Yet, it is doable. As so many of us here already know from past personal experience - me included.

We'll be here for you, every step of the way.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Bella Luna
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you start this incredible journey. Please drink drink drink lots of fluids and let the onc staff know how you are feeling during your first TCH chemo cycle. Relax .. close your eyes and focus on dancing with NED.

My husband was scared out of his mind when he sat with me for my first 3 chemo cocktail over 5 1/2 hours ..I might say - he has a renewed respect for my inner strength. You, Miss Bella Luna have this same inner strength .. STAPH infection .. prolonged chemo start, and so on. Keep your husband close tomorrow, share your thoughts and feelings. Plan a family outing as chemo will be part of our lives for the next 6 months. Stay connected, and grow in spite of our breast cancer, endless appointments and chemo.

My motto .. I have breast cancer, but breast cancer -- does NOT have me.

May our Lord watch over you tomorrow, and send comfort to both you and your family.

VickiSam
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Bella Luna
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you start this incredible journey. Please drink drink drink lots of fluids and let the onc staff know how you are feeling during your first TCH chemo cycle. Relax .. close your eyes and focus on dancing with NED.

My husband was scared out of his mind when he sat with me for my first 3 chemo cocktail over 5 1/2 hours ..I might say - he has a renewed respect for my inner strength. You, Miss Bella Luna have this same inner strength .. STAPH infection .. prolonged chemo start, and so on. Keep your husband close tomorrow, share your thoughts and feelings. Plan a family outing as chemo will be part of our lives for the next 6 months. Stay connected, and grow in spite of our breast cancer, endless appointments and chemo.

My motto .. I have breast cancer, but breast cancer -- does NOT have me.

May our Lord watch over you tomorrow, and send comfort to both you and your family.

VickiSam

Good luck tomorrow Bella
    Good luck tomorrow Bella Luna! We will all be with you in spirit!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Bella Luna
    Good luck tomorrow(oh my-I mean today)Take comfort in knowing you will be one step closer to the top! I will be starting the same Chemo as you here soon, so please keep us posted & let us know how you are doing. It does help having great doctors, how fortunate that you have survivors!
    Prayers & Hugz,
    Cathy
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Bella
    heres hoping that you do well today with chemo!
    Yeah,it sure helps to be able to trust your doctors-one less thing to worry about!And yes,it puts a whole new spin on things when your doctors are survivors as well-my chemo onc is a testicular cancer survivor and it is comforting for me to know that he's been there,done that and understands more of what I'm going through!
    God definately brought me through it all..
    Let us know how things go!