LIVING PROOF--breast cancer movie

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
DRUMROLL PLEASE--The movie "Living Proof" will be on the Lifetime Channel on October 8, at 8pm. This movie has been mentioned on many of the posts. It is a must see movie for woman with breast cancer. It is the story about the invention of Herceptin and the doctor who struggled to get financing to fund the clinical trials and marketing of the drug. The drug was only available to stage 4 patients until about 5 years ago, and this drug truly saved my life. Harry Connick Jr plays the doctor (my oncologist sure don't look like that) who performed this "miracle". So here's to the smart doctor and the brave, courageous women who took part in his clinical trials and lived. This movie is an inspiration to all!

P.S. The cosmetic company, Revlon, is the company that financed the drug!

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Thanks, meena1
    Several months back, a member here was circulating tapes of this movie. Thanks for letting everyone know when to tune in - I know I will. (Besides - I love, love, love Harry Connick, Jr.!)

P.S.: The American Cancer Society solely paid for all the research & development for Tamoxifen - the very first anti-BC oral med, ever. On another thread, there was mention of how fund-raising activities really DO make a difference. These are two more examples.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks for the info.
    My daughter has seen the movie and was telling me that she'd keep looking for it on Lifetime because I really needed to see it. I'll definately tune in too.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Thanks for the tip
    I have heard of the movie. Thanks for the tip. Will make a point to tune in.

Bella Luna
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    thanks
    thanks for the info. i was on Herceptin for over a year. want to see it

thanks again
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Thank you for the information
    I will be watching ..

VickiSam
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    VickiSam said:

Thank you for the information
    I will be watching ..

VickiSam

a must watch!
    I rented this from netflix and watched it twice, i will watch it again on the 8th, following my herceptin treatment (coincidince?) My Onc. says this is revolutionary and I think all BC survivors here will love it!
    Hugs, Jackie
  • SuzG
    SuzG Member Posts: 6
    Inspirational
    Yes, this movie was Inspirational and very touching. I was Stage 2B and very fortunate to have Herceptin treatments for my Cancer.
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    SuzG said:

Inspirational
    Yes, this movie was Inspirational and very touching. I was Stage 2B and very fortunate to have Herceptin treatments for my Cancer.

I couldnt wait til the 8th
    I couldnt wait til the 8th so I rented the movie. Its fantastic. I cried, my husband cried. Thank God there are doctors with the drive and determination to spend every waking minute of every day for years to help with womens health.
    Deb
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Deb1969 said:

I couldnt wait til the 8th so I rented the movie. Its fantastic. I cried, my husband cried. Thank God there are doctors with the drive and determination to spend every waking minute of every day for years to help with womens health.
    Deb

Thanks for letting us know.
    Thanks for letting us know. I hope to watch it!

Lex♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Alexis F said:

Lex♥

I hope everyone can see
    I hope everyone can see this.

Angie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Alexis F said:

Lex♥

An excellent movie!
    An excellent movie! Everyone, I hope, can see it!

♥ Noel
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Thanks!
    I will definitely watch!
    Pat
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    THANKS
    for letting us know about the movie. I have been wanting to see it. Hugs, Diane
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Deb1969 said:

Deb

Well, mentioning CRYING did
    Well, mentioning CRYING did it for me! I am gonna just have to take everyone's word for it that it's a great movie ( even if it is on Lifetime TV! LOL) I will be thankful that Herceptin exists, that there are Drs who work tirelessly to get us these life-saving meds, and that so many survive because of them. I just don't like watching movies or reading books which make me cry.( even thankful or happy tears!) So.....kudos to the Docs, and the reseachers, and especially all of the Kick-a$$ Warrior-Survivors who have benefitted so greatly! YAY YAY!!!!!!!!! But I am passing up the watching! :-)I did read the synopsis online, and the cast is HUGE!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Thanks Meena....
    Knowing I would never remember and wanting to have it in my "library" of movies....I just set my DVR to record it. Thanks for letting us know. Pammy