Day 16 of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi! It is me again. Aw, day 16! I am halfway thru my rads already! I can't believe it. It really has gone fast so far. I feel lucky too because I haven't burnt yet or even turned pink anywhere. My breast is swollen, which is normal. I joked with my rads oncologist about shooting some radiation on the other one so that it would be bigger too. Guess what? He didn't laugh. :( I told him I was just joking and apologized. Then he started ha ha haing. He just wanted to see my reaction when he acted so stern. I told him to never do that again. That I went from loving him to not liking him in a second. lol He really is a great doctor. I see him for a check of my skin, at least once a week. And, he is usually in the rads room when they set me up everyday. It does make me feel more secure with him there, even though I love the rad techs too. It is amazing to have so much love, respect and trust for a group of people that you have only known for a few short weeks.

Besides my rads breast being swollen, it is a bit warm to the touch, so, something is going on there. But, once again, that is normal.

I did ask a few questions too about hot tubs etc as my hubby is going to whisk me off for a romantic getaway celebration when I am done. My rads oncologist said NO to hot tubs for awhile. He said my skin will still be having the effects of radiation for a few weeks after I finish, and that a hot tub would not be good for my skin. So, I pouted, but, he still said NO. lol

Well, that is it. Still not feeling the best yet. Hope these new antibiotics help me.

Sue :)

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Halfway done? That is great
    Halfway done? That is great Sue! I haven't even started yet. :(

Your postings are helping me to not be afraid of the radiation treatments. So, thank you for them Sue.

I hope you get to feeling better and that your new medicine helps you.

Angie
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    helps me too!
    Congratulations on being halfway done!

I agree with the post-er above, it makes the prospect of radiation less fearful for me when I read about others who are doing so well.

You all are such an inspiration and a blessing to me.

Hang in there, and someday soon, but not too soon :) may there be hot tubs in the future!

:)))
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

helps me too!
    Congratulations on being halfway done!

I agree with the post-er above, it makes the prospect of radiation less fearful for me when I read about others who are doing so well.

You all are such an inspiration and a blessing to me.

Hang in there, and someday soon, but not too soon :) may there be hot tubs in the future!

:)))

Sue
    Congrats on being halfway done! That is wonderful! I remember that point in my rads very well. It actually will probably go faster for you now. And, I am glad that your skin is doing so well. I only started getting a little pink in my 4th week. I never burnt, which I was very grateful for. I, like you, took good care of my skin and only used what my rads oncologist told me to use. Get lots of rest too!

Keep posting Sue and feel better soon!

Kylez ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    You're an inspiration to
    You're an inspiration to those of us that haven't gotten to this point yet. It's good to read your positive comments and I wish you well as you finish the treatments. You go girl!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

You're an inspiration to
    You're an inspiration to those of us that haven't gotten to this point yet. It's good to read your positive comments and I wish you well as you finish the treatments. You go girl!!

Half way done .. Thanks for sharing your story and
    congradulation. I am sure sisters in Pink awaiting the rad's have gain great insight from your experience, and can sleep a little better tonight!

Vicki Sam