I had my first chemo today

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my first Chemo treatment today.It has been very imotional for me.Yesterday I cryed off and on all day.And today also off and on.I made it through the treatment without crying.My daughter was with me and I knew if i cryed she would two.But other then that i can not stop crying.I know I have to do this to get well and i know I am so lucky they got the Cancer early but I can not stop this sadness and gloom around me.If my husband or son talks to me I start crying.i just can,t stop.I am crying as I writte this.It is so not like me.I have to believe it will get better.Thanks for listning.Love and prayers.(Pat)

Comments

• mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    You did it!
    You just took your first step to what will be a new normal in your life. More importantly, you're doing what you need to do to stay alive. That's very brave of you. I know it's hard to believe that one day you won't cry so much, but you will get there. In the mean time, let the tears out. It will help. I cried constantly for a while and then took and break and then cried some more. There is a lot to get through and you will get through it. It's hard to see right now, but you will. Try not to think about how long the road is, just be where you are right now. Take good care of yourself for the next few days and rest from your treatment. You're in my prayers. Debbie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I wrote to you earlier that
    I wrote to you earlier that my first chemo was the most difficult and emotional. With 3 weeks inbetween,the familiarity of the Cancer Center, coupled with the caring staff, I felt better and better each time I went! It was as if I knew that I was in charge , and the chemo was not just doing battle with the beast, it was killing it!!! I hope that you too get ever stronger, knowing that you are moving on toward Life After Cancer!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Pat
    Congrats on your first step! Yes you do HAVE to do this! YES it will get better! Each treatment is for you to get better. You ARE strong, you ARE brave, you ARE a fighter, and you WILL beat this! Tears are normal during this process. But, maybe you should discuss this with your Onc. and see if he/she can give you something to relax you! And please follow the advice from the others on here about how to avoid all those nasty side effects! Lots of liquids!
    Prayers & Hugz,
    Cathy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Cat64 said:

Pat
    Congrats on your first step! Yes you do HAVE to do this! YES it will get better! Each treatment is for you to get better. You ARE strong, you ARE brave, you ARE a fighter, and you WILL beat this! Tears are normal during this process. But, maybe you should discuss this with your Onc. and see if he/she can give you something to relax you! And please follow the advice from the others on here about how to avoid all those nasty side effects! Lots of liquids!
    Prayers & Hugz,
    Cathy

Pat ..
    It gets better from here .. I promise. Drink lots of liquids - 3 liters per day. Journal, that may help with the crying. You are fighting breast cancer and need all your strength and liquids to do so.

Please contact onc office or acs and ask for social network to help with emotional crying, or perhaps you may an anti-depressant. No shame in taking any med's at this stressful time of your life.

Please let us know how you are doing.

VickiSam