Herceptin/Cancer Article

Cat64
Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There was an interesting article in the Parade Magazine yesterday called Dramatic Breakthroughs in Cancer Treatment. If interested you can go to Parade.com, it's on the first page by Dr. Francis S. Collins

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Thank you for the information .. I'm going over there
    right now. I am currently on Herceptin, so I am interested in anything that published regarding this drug.

VickiSam
  • Cat64
    VickiSam said:

right now. I am currently on Herceptin, so I am interested in anything that published regarding this drug.

VickiSam

YW
    Someone had told me of the article, I wish I would of read all of it b/4 posting. As it did have SOME info on Herceptin, I found it disappointing. (Other than the info on Gleevac.) Good to know we have at least a 52% of no recurrence though.
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    VickiSam said:

VickiSam

If you are interested in
    If you are interested in Herceptin, Lifetime had a movie called "Living Proof", It is a must see. It was on last October and it stars Henry Connick Jr. I am sure it will be on this October, as soon as I see it is going to be on, I will put up a post. You cannot miss this movie!!!! It is a true story about the doctor who worked so hard to get this drug on the market.
  • Cat64
    meena1 said:

If you are interested in
    If you are interested in Herceptin, Lifetime had a movie called "Living Proof", It is a must see. It was on last October and it stars Henry Connick Jr. I am sure it will be on this October, as soon as I see it is going to be on, I will put up a post. You cannot miss this movie!!!! It is a true story about the doctor who worked so hard to get this drug on the market.

Meena
    Thanks for the info. A few weeks back someone here had recommended that very same movie and I went to Blockbuster & rented it. How ironic that I saw it b/4 I even knew what kind of Chemo I would be doing.(One being Herceptin!) A definite MUST SEE!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Cat64 said:

Meena
    Thanks for the info. A few weeks back someone here had recommended that very same movie and I went to Blockbuster & rented it. How ironic that I saw it b/4 I even knew what kind of Chemo I would be doing.(One being Herceptin!) A definite MUST SEE!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

I started a new post to let
    I started a new post to let everyone know the movie will be on Lifetime on October 8, at 8pm. It is crazy that you saw the movie before you knew you were going to be on the drug! It is amazing that those woman had to beg to get the treatment, and sometimes we take it for granted. I know sometimes I would complain about going to the treatments when in fact it saved my life.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    meena1 said:

I started a new post to let everyone know the movie will be on Lifetime on October 8, at 8pm. It is crazy that you saw the movie before you knew you were going to be on the drug! It is amazing that those woman had to beg to get the treatment, and sometimes we take it for granted. I know sometimes I would complain about going to the treatments when in fact it saved my life.

Thank you
    I dug back into my Sunday paper and read the article...very hopeful information.

I did feel so sad for the women who couldn't get the treatment meena and was amazed at the drive the founder of Herceptin had to keep going, really its quite revolutionary!
    Hugs, Jackie
  • Cat64
    meena1 said:

Meena/Jackie
    Thanks for posting that. It was such a good inspiring movie. I will definetely watch it again! It broke my heart when he had to turn those women down and you could just feel how it did his too! Oh, believe me, after seeing that movie, I don't take one thing for granted anymore & feel so fortunate to even have it!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Cat64 said:

Meena/Jackie
    Thanks for posting that. It was such a good inspiring movie. I will definetely watch it again! It broke my heart when he had to turn those women down and you could just feel how it did his too! Oh, believe me, after seeing that movie, I don't take one thing for granted anymore & feel so fortunate to even have it!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

Thank you for posting this
    Thank you for posting this information!

Kylez ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    rjjj said:

Thank you
    I dug back into my Sunday paper and read the article...very hopeful information.

I did feel so sad for the women who couldn't get the treatment meena and was amazed at the drive the founder of Herceptin had to keep going, really its quite revolutionary!
    Hugs, Jackie

Thanks!
    We all appreciate when information like this is posted. It is nice that we can help each other out.

Sue :)