Herception frequency

ruthielaine
ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
for those of you that are/were on Herception did you receive it once a week or once every 3 weeks. I'm so confused!!!!

Comments

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Herceptin frequency
    I received Herceptin every week for 16 weeks, along with taxol for twelve weeks( I got a break from the taxol every third week). I will continue to recieve Herceptin after my surgery, once every three weeks until the end of May 2010. I think that the doseage and frequency depends on what chemo cocktail that you are on. Love Surf
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Herceptin frequency
    I received Herceptin every week for 16 weeks, along with taxol for twelve weeks( I got a break from the taxol every third week). I will continue to recieve Herceptin after my surgery, once every three weeks until the end of May 2010. I think that the doseage and frequency depends on what chemo cocktail that you are on. Love Surf

My schedule was and is
    My schedule was every week for 12 wks w/Taxol.
    Now every three weeks--Herceptin only for one year.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    RUTHIE
    My Herceptin is the same plan as Margo's. 12 weeks with Taxol then 1 full yr. total. Diane
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    chickad52 said:

RUTHIE
    My Herceptin is the same plan as Margo's. 12 weeks with Taxol then 1 full yr. total. Diane

Me too
    I'm the same as Margo and Diane. Every week for 12 weeks with taxol ... then once every 3 weeks for the full year (from the date of the first herceptin infusion).

hugs.
    teena
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Taxol/herceptin every 2
    Taxol/herceptin every 2 weeks. Taxol for 4 tx along w Hercepetin, then I'll have 12 mos of Herceptin once every 3 wks.
  • Q088suzie
    Q088suzie Member Posts: 27
    Mine's a little different
    I have to get Herceptin once weekly for the 18 weeks of my chemo shcedule (chemo every 3 weeks),,,but DR did say today that there is possility that after first round, I might be able to cut back to once every three weeks with the chemo. Don't know if that means I will get more less often..or what?? Either way, I was told I would be on Herceptin for at least a year.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Q088suzie said:

Mine's a little different
    I have to get Herceptin once weekly for the 18 weeks of my chemo shcedule (chemo every 3 weeks),,,but DR did say today that there is possility that after first round, I might be able to cut back to once every three weeks with the chemo. Don't know if that means I will get more less often..or what?? Either way, I was told I would be on Herceptin for at least a year.

Herceptinn
    I had it with my chemo every 3 weeks for 6 months and then every 3 weeks alone.. i will be done in Dec. I wish you all the best
    hugs, jackie
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi ruthielane
    I was on a/c every 2 wks x 4 then switched to taxol/herceptin with the taxol every 2 wks for 4 cycles and the herceptin every week for 8 weeks then every 3 weeks for 52 weeks...is that confusing?????

Stay strong

LInda T
  • SuzG
    SuzG Member Posts: 6
    I received it every week for
    I received it every week for 18 weeks, then every 3 weeks until I completed a year of treatments total.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Ruthie
    It all depends. I will have Herceptin along with other chemo 1x every 3 weeks for 2 treatments. Then surgery, then Herceptin again 1x every 3 weeks for 48 weeks. Have you been to the Oncologist yet? He/she will tell you what drugs they will use & how often. Yes, it can be confusing!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Yes .. I am receiving Herception once - every 3 weeks ...
    I am also scheduled for 18 chemo treatments .. (6 of them 3 chemo cocktails TCH) along with 12 weeks of herception. After chemo is completed - early January - God willing .. I will be herception for 6 months - treatments once every 3 weeks.

I hope this helps .. I too was confused by the onc and his charts and graphs deplicting my treatment plan, as it made no sense to me. I call my onc rn who explained in detail my treatment plan .. she made more sense than my onc.

Call and ask onc staff .. to explain treatment course.

Good Luck!

VickiSam
  • amyooo
    amyooo Member Posts: 1
    VickiSam said:

Yes .. I am receiving Herception once - every 3 weeks ...
    I am also scheduled for 18 chemo treatments .. (6 of them 3 chemo cocktails TCH) along with 12 weeks of herception. After chemo is completed - early January - God willing .. I will be herception for 6 months - treatments once every 3 weeks.

I hope this helps .. I too was confused by the onc and his charts and graphs deplicting my treatment plan, as it made no sense to me. I call my onc rn who explained in detail my treatment plan .. she made more sense than my onc.

Call and ask onc staff .. to explain treatment course.

Good Luck!

VickiSam

mine is slightly different
    I have a very aggressive cancer so my protocol is
    Taxol and Herceptin every week x 12 weeks then a 3 week break then
    Surgery....after surgery I have Adiamycin and Cytoxen every 2 weeka x 4 cycles or 8 weeks
    then
    Radiation.....don't know how many daily treatments or weeks then
    Herceptin alone for 40 weeks

Hope this info helps,
    Amy