Back pain

Options
Q088suzie
Q088suzie Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,,,I am new here,,,just had my first of 6 chemo treatments on Monday, followed by a shot of Neulasta the following day. They said that bone pain was a side effect of Neulasta, and last night I was awakened with a pounding pain in the small of my spine...not my back, as if it was kidkeys, but in the spine. Did any of you have similar?? Don't know to worry or not.

Comments

• e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    yes... i get that... its
    yes... i get that... its pain in the spine.. I find laying down a heating pad and pain pill is the only thing that helps.. I am only 4 weeks out from my last chemo treatment.. I did AC 4 treatments and T 4 treatments.. I also still get bone pain in my legs.. My oncologist told me it's from a combination of the neulasta and taxotere..
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi suzie
    I didnt get pain in my spine but I had pain generally everywhere else...kind of like I ran 15 miles...I told my oncologist and she orderred allegra which is an antihistamine and go figure...it worked!!! No more taking 800mg of ibuprofen 2 times per day and still having pain!

Ask about it..It helped me

LInda T
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi suzie
    I didnt get pain in my spine but I had pain generally everywhere else...kind of like I ran 15 miles...I told my oncologist and she orderred allegra which is an antihistamine and go figure...it worked!!! No more taking 800mg of ibuprofen 2 times per day and still having pain!

LInda T

Suzie .. I had the sharp pounding pain in my chest / right
    around my heart area. Ibuprofen took away the pain, and a trip to the ER. Go figure, just a side effort for me and my chemo.

Good luck, and if you get the chance first thing tomorrow - call onc with systoms.

VickiSam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi suzie

LInda T

Suzie .. I had the sharp pounding pain in my chest / right
    around my heart area. Ibuprofen took away the pain, and a trip to the ER. Go figure, just a side effort for me and my chemo.

Good luck, and if you get the chance first thing tomorrow - call onc with systoms.

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Suzie
    Yes, I also had the bone pain from the Nuelasta shot. Mine started around 2-3 days after the shot. The first time, I just worked through the pain. I found if I walked around it helped in lieu of just sitting. Then, I mentioned it to my onco on my next treatment and she suggested Tylenol and if that didn't work, then Advil. I started the Tylenol after the 2nd treatment and it seemed to help tremendously. Good luck with your treatments and be sure to check with your onco before doing anything.
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Claritin is what I take...
    I got the info from others on this board and I did it last time and plan to take it this time too. I took it 7 days straight from the day of the neulasta shot on. On day 6 I stopped it and I had pain in my spine like you are talking about, took it again and the pain went away.

Not Claritin D, just plain claritin.

Hope this helps your pain as it did mine.

love and light,
    Vicki
  • Q088suzie
    Q088suzie Member Posts: 27
    Options

Claritin is what I take...
    I got the info from others on this board and I did it last time and plan to take it this time too. I took it 7 days straight from the day of the neulasta shot on. On day 6 I stopped it and I had pain in my spine like you are talking about, took it again and the pain went away.

Not Claritin D, just plain claritin.

Hope this helps your pain as it did mine.

love and light,
    Vicki

Thanks everyone
    I saw onc today and he confirmed pain was caused by Neulasta...it has since subsided...tylenol took care of it sufficiently...I don't like pain pills, they make me feel crumby, so I will stick with tylenol or alieve and suck up the rest!! haha
    Thanks for all the kind comments!!