Starting over

Mike49
Mike49 Member Posts: 261
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am going in for a Liver biopsy today to see what is going on in the same spot where my liver resection removed the lesion in July. My PET scan done 2 1/2 months post op showed uptake their at the same liver site and apparently a lymph node was showing some uptake during the PET.

Going to also go back to MAYO clinic and get a thorough Oncology review and yhen talk to surgery about options as well. Eventually a plan will gel. I cope better when I have a plan. Waiting stinks. Gotta keep moving forward or I will just be standing still.

Update you all when I know more.

Mike Bell

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Awwww....
    ....that stinks Mike, about starting over, and I know what you mean about not having a plan, I don't even know what happens to me after my 12th round of chemo.

I just hope everything will turn out right, and hopefully that biopsy will turn out to be nothing! Good Luck at Mayo, you'll be in my prayers, and thoughts and hopefully the oncs will come up with one heck of a great plan for you~

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Mike,good luck to you
    Hi Mike,good luck to you with everything,hope the biopsy is benign.Take care.
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Good luck!
    Hope all turns out well for you!

-Sheri
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Good Luck!
    First, I LOVE your picture!!! Just wanted to let you know I'm sending prayers your way!

Karyn
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Good Luck!
    First, I LOVE your picture!!! Just wanted to let you know I'm sending prayers your way!

Karyn
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Plan
    I know that with a plan you know what you will be facing and then can move forward. I wish you well with your upcoming tests and appointments.

Kim
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Plan
    I know that with a plan you know what you will be facing and then can move forward. I wish you well with your upcoming tests and appointments.

Kim

Mike.......
    Im very sorry about the bad deal...Its just another bump in the road that will work itself out. Keep hold of the rope , it will get you through.........Good Luck to you friend, Clift
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Buzzard said:

Mike.......
    Im very sorry about the bad deal...Its just another bump in the road that will work itself out. Keep hold of the rope , it will get you through.........Good Luck to you friend, Clift

Planning
    Planning gives us some control so that is a good thing; otherwise
    we feel like we are out there blowin' in the wind......so sorry you
    are having these problems, hang on to hope and positive thoughts,
    and I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Huggs,
    Barbara
  • Muzzy
    Muzzy Member Posts: 175 Member
    sorry
    i'm sorry to hear this.
    You will be in my prayers.
    Good luck on your new journey.
    Jeff
    Jusy happy to be here!!!
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    You have it figured out
    Keep moving forward is right, make it a great day! That is one of our choices. I am so sorry you are having to go thru more. But you are doing exactly as you need to, making sure things gel. If something doesn't gel, you ask and ask and reask again. Thank gosh for choices, just like a smorgasbord; we may not like everything they offer but we are free to choose anything on the table. Make life happy, move forward get over the being angry so you can make time for the good stuff. Lots of thoughts, hope and prayers your way.
    Make it a Great Day!!
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Mike
    Mike,
    So sorry to hear that you have to go through this again. **** has been just a month or so behind you on this journey and he is starting chemo again soon. I know the sinking feeling and then the hope when there is a plan. You are moving in the right direction.
    Keep us posted, we care about you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Had to do the same this week
    Hey Mike

I know what you mean - I went back to my surgical onc and went back over things to make sure we all were on the same page, so I could get the feeling I needed to do this surgery.

Best of luck and just stay with it!

-Craig
  • Mike49
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the positive feedback, A plan is forming and I will attack it with renewed vigor.

I am strong and have great support at home and here with all of you. Bless you all

Mike
  • Mike49
    Buzzard said:

Mike.......

Got a grip on that rope
    I have never let go of that rope since the day you handed it to me.

Thanks friend

Mike
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator