Herceptin anyone?

ruthielaine
ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone have to receive herceptin as well as chemo? would appreciate your comments. thanks so much

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    yes
    I am on Herceptin....from what doc says no side effects but I have to take for a year. Ive heard great things about it! Good luck to you.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Ruthie
    I am on Herceptin, with Taxol also and haven't had any problems. I have only had 6 treatments so far and will be on the Herceptin for 1 year. Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    chickad52 said:

Ruthie
    I am on Herceptin, with Taxol also and haven't had any problems. I have only had 6 treatments so far and will be on the Herceptin for 1 year. Hugs, Diane

Ruthie .. I will be on Herceptin for 1 year
    Only side effort that I have experience so far .. headache's and fatigue. Herceptin is the miracle drug for breast cancer - from research and clinical trials.

I keep a log of side efforts - and mention mine to my onc when I see him.

Keep strong and hydrated. Drink, Drink, Drink at least 3 liters of water or clear liquid each day. Difficult for me, but I know that water will flush my system of the chemo.

VickiSam
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    VickiSam said:

Ruthie .. I will be on Herceptin for 1 year
    Only side effort that I have experience so far .. headache's and fatigue. Herceptin is the miracle drug for breast cancer - from research and clinical trials.

I keep a log of side efforts - and mention mine to my onc when I see him.

Keep strong and hydrated. Drink, Drink, Drink at least 3 liters of water or clear liquid each day. Difficult for me, but I know that water will flush my system of the chemo.

VickiSam

I am on Herceptin, only had
    I am on Herceptin, only had 3 treatments so far. Will be on a year.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi ruthielaine
    I am on taxol and herceptin then will go to herceptin every 3 weeks for 1 year. I do get headaches the 2 days after the infusion, but so far not much else. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Hugs to you
    LInda T
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I was on chemo and herceptin
    I was on chemo and herceptin for 3 months, then herceptin for another 9 months. I did not have any problems with herceptin. It truly is a miracle drug, Take Care
  • karen0423
    karen0423 Member Posts: 67
    Hi, I did 12 weeks of
    Hi, I did 12 weeks of Herceptin with Navelbine when I was dx in 2002. Did AC and Taxol, then did another 40 weeks of Herceptin for a total of one year of Herceptin. I was in a clinical trial and the results are amazing! So happy I did it and didn't have any problems with it. It is truly saving lives.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Herceptinn
    Truley a miracle drug if you get a chance watch the movie "Living Proof" it is the true story of Herceptin..you will love the movie and the miracle.
    Jackie
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    herceptin
    i came off herceptin in feb. was on herceptin for over a year.i had no problems good luck to you
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    ladybug22 said:

herceptin
    i came off herceptin in feb. was on herceptin for over a year.i had no problems good luck to you

herceptin
    I completed 12 weeks of taxol/herceptin ... and am now having herceptin every 3 weeks until the end of March. The only side-effect I've heard of from herceptin is that they have to keep an eye out for any heart problems. Other than that ... nothing as far as I know ... at least I haven't had any side-effects.

hugs.
    teena
  • SuzG
    SuzG Member Posts: 6
    I had
    I had Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin every three weeks for 18 weeks. During that time I continued with the Herceptin treatments weekly. After chemo was finished I had Herceptin every 3 weeks until I had a year total of the Herceptin treatments. I had no bad side effects from the Herceptin. I had to go for the MUGA Scans to monitor my heart while on the Herceptin.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    SuzG said:

I had
    I had Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin every three weeks for 18 weeks. During that time I continued with the Herceptin treatments weekly. After chemo was finished I had Herceptin every 3 weeks until I had a year total of the Herceptin treatments. I had no bad side effects from the Herceptin. I had to go for the MUGA Scans to monitor my heart while on the Herceptin.

My cocktails
    My first cocktail was A/C once every other week for 8 treatments.
    Second cocktail was Taxol w/Herceptin every week for 12 treatments.
    Third--and what I am doing now is Herceptin once every 3 wks for one year.

When you are on Herceptin your oncologist should send you in for a scan on your heart--in my case it is an echocardiogram. In most cases the scan is done every three months unless they see something and then will monitor you more closely.
    It is rare the you have to be monitored more closely. It is not only the Herceptin that can effect your heart but some of the chemo drugs.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator