Does anyone have colon cancer and atrial fibrillation?

CessnaFlyer
CessnaFlyer Member Posts: 110
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
If so, does the chemo effect your atrial fibrillation?

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    hi
    Hi,

I wish I had an answer for you. I know people are reading your post but it seems we don't have experience with this particular situation.

Best to you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Don't Know the Answer :(
    Kathleen is right - I'm sure many of us have read and just don't know and you hate to post without trying to offer a solution.

But maybe we should have jumped in just to acknowledge your request - Thanks Kathleen for jumping in :)

I don't have the answer here - my suggestion would be to go to a Cardiologist and get their professional opinion. Perhaps the cardiologist could even talk with your onc - or develop a plan and work as a team for your unique situation.

I'm sorry I missed you earlier and really wish I had a firm answer, but my suggestion sounds plausible and certainly worth a try.

Best regards
    -Craig
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Oops
    Hi,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have had a long experience with atrial tachycardia (sp) however I had a heart ablasion several years before cancer. It pretty much took care of the problem. I had some heart sensitivity to the chemo but very minor. Just a little irregular heart beats. I had to be cleared by my cardiologist prior to chemo. Did you get cleared? I was able to complete 11 of my 12 treatments. Had a bad reaction on #11 so doctor decided not to do #12.

Please let us know how things are going. I will be praying for you.

Blessings to you,

Debbie (gramma)