Headache's

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Is anyone having headache's with Taxol & Hercepitin. I don't know if this is from treatment, flu shot or stress. Flu shot was done over a week ago so I don't think it would be that. Did not have this while on AC. Only going on #4 round. Just something new for me.

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    Cant vouch
    for the taxol but I am taking herceptin. I did have headaches for the first 3 or 4 days after treatment and my doc said thats normal. They will get better! Hang in there and good luck.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sorry hon, I don't recall
    Sorry hon, I don't recall getting headaches but anything is possible while we are experiencing "Better Living Through Chemicals". :-( As with everyone, I suggest you (sigh) Call your Dr just to get his input. I swear I had mine on Speed Dial! If he was taking care of me, and I was battling the unknown AND paying for the privledge, you know I was calling!

Hugs and Feel better!
    Chen♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Sorry hon, I don't recall
    Sorry hon, I don't recall getting headaches but anything is possible while we are experiencing "Better Living Through Chemicals". :-( As with everyone, I suggest you (sigh) Call your Dr just to get his input. I swear I had mine on Speed Dial! If he was taking care of me, and I was battling the unknown AND paying for the privledge, you know I was calling!

Hugs and Feel better!
    Chen♥

Nothing more than I can add .. Call onc first thing tomorrow
    We all experience different side efforts of chemo. I am hoping you can get some relief asap.

What helps me ..ice packs cover in small hand towel for 15 minutes every other hour. Alternating hour .. heating pad .. placed back of your neck for 15 minutes.

Hope this helps.

VickiSam
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Kat
    I'm on Taxol/Herceptin and haven't had any headaches so far. I'll be going on treatment #7 this week. I do find that my legs ache right after treatment. I know we are all different! Hugs, Diane
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Kat
    I am getting taxol/herceptin every other week x 4 with herceptin weekly inbetween...does that make sense? Anyway, I noticed headaches with the herceptin alone and will pay attention to this week when I have the combination. Hopefully I wont have any tomorrow since it will be 3 days since my last herceptin.

Hang in there
    LInda T
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I am not receiving Hercepitin or Taxol... but I did have AC and taxotere.. and had horrible headaches for a few days after all the chemo treatments... If its being controlled my pain meds I would just mention it to the oncologist at your next appt.