Swollen Feet

TxLady
TxLady Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did anyone have terrible swelling in their feet while on chemo? My feet and ankles have been so swollen for the last month that I can only wear sandles. I sent a message to my oncologist about it but haven't heard a response. I thought drinking a lot of water would help - but it really isn't helping that much. Last night, we tried the ice bag routine. The swelling went down in one foot for a short period of time. It's back to the pre ice bag size today. Any suggestions?

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    SORRY
    to hear that you are having a problem with swollen feet. I am still in treatment but have not had this problem. Are you watching your sodium intake? Maybe that would help. I'm sure you'll have suggestions from your doc. Hugs, Diane
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    TxLady -
    I also have swollen feet and ankles, even 6 months out of chemo. My doctor prescribed a water pill and it helps a lot. Good luck!
    Pat
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    had the same problem
    While on chemo I had the same problem. I had swelling in feet, ankles and calves and was unable to wear any of my boots.. My oncologist order lasix, a water pill, for me.. it helped a little.. now that I am 3 weeks out from chemo problem seems to be resolving..
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    e_hope said:

had the same problem
    While on chemo I had the same problem. I had swelling in feet, ankles and calves and was unable to wear any of my boots.. My oncologist order lasix, a water pill, for me.. it helped a little.. now that I am 3 weeks out from chemo problem seems to be resolving..

I just started to have the
    I just started to have the swelling. My onc said for me to watch it. Its only happened once so far. I am 3 treatments in on Taxol & Hercepiten.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Kat11 said:

I just started to have the
    I just started to have the swelling. My onc said for me to watch it. Its only happened once so far. I am 3 treatments in on Taxol & Hercepiten.

I also had unexplained
    I also had unexplained swelling (not on chemo)--doctor precribed water pill - no problems since. Hope you get some relief.
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Thanks everyone
    for the suggestions. I have an appointment with the oncologist on Wednesday and hopefully will get something to solve the problem. The chemo nurse today mentioned that it could be a reaction to the steroids....