First round of chemo

love9kidz
love9kidz Member Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone. This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it.

I had my first chemo dose of AC and Avastin or placebo. Everything went well. I was there for 4-1/2 hours. They fed me lunch and offered me all the drinks I could drink. I am home now and feeling great. Port site worked like a charm. I did not have any sensations when they flushed the port with heparin after the chemo was finished.

God is still in control. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen. By his stripes, I am healed. I shall live and not die.

Be blessed.

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    So glad to hear first one done!
    I will keep you in my prayers that your treatments are as easy as possible. Pammy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    One down!
    Glad to hear it was doable. Take care and have a good weekend.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi there!!
    One down and closer to being finished!

You will find chemo really is do able

hugs
    LInda T
  • ruthielaine
    ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
    Good to hear!
    good to hear your first chemo wasn't so bad - most everyone says that but its still scary - I have my first one coming up in a couple weeks - I'll be getting my bilateral next week. At first the surgery scared me more than the chemo but now I'm flip flopping so its very good to hear people say its not as bad as they thought! Best of Luck to you.
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Fantastic!
    So glad to hear you are well and keeping up good spirits. I had my first about 10 days ago and go again in another 10...good luck to you!