new flower

sophy
sophy Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
thank you so much for your input about the reconstruction. I am 50 and small and also in good health other than having the cancer. From what I am told the recovery is a long one, and my job requires a lot of lifting. I am seeing my plastic surgeon soon, I am curiuos what she will have to say now that i have had the masectomy and gone through all the treatments. thanks again........jean

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Good Luck

Good luck. The minimum recovery period 8 weeks, especially for lifting.
    I suggest asking your doctor specific questions related to your occupation.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Tram Flap
    Hi Sophy! I had a tram flap in 2000. I was out of work for 7 weeks. I am a Physical Therapist in a Nursing Home so I also do heavy lifting. I was also back on the Tennis courts in 7 weeks. I didn't have any issues when I returned but just be careful.Of course, ask your MD before going back. If there are any specific questions I can help you with, please IM me here. Good luck. HUGS!! Cathy
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    cruf said:

Tram Flap
    Hi Sophy! I had a tram flap in 2000. I was out of work for 7 weeks. I am a Physical Therapist in a Nursing Home so I also do heavy lifting. I was also back on the Tennis courts in 7 weeks. I didn't have any issues when I returned but just be careful.Of course, ask your MD before going back. If there are any specific questions I can help you with, please IM me here. Good luck. HUGS!! Cathy

Implants
    I had the implants and was out of work for 2 weeks. Honestly, I probably could have gone back in a week but I had the sick time and decided to use it to let my mind recoup as well as my body.
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    cruf said:

Tram Flap

cathy[cruf]
    thank you so much for the info, this surgery I know is a happy one because i know i will feel whole again, I know i can take it, just needed to hear from a person like you, thank you........jean
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    sophy said:

cathy[cruf]
    thank you so much for the info, this surgery I know is a happy one because i know i will feel whole again, I know i can take it, just needed to hear from a person like you, thank you........jean

Happy I could help
    Hi Sophy! Glad I was able to help you. Feel free to IM me anytime. Good luck! HUGS!! Cathy