lump in breast/all over body

lynnea
lynnea Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My daughter had a lump in her breast...then she couldn't find it but said lumps come and go all over her body. Any advise would be appreciated.
Also can email lynnet20022002@yahoo.com
I soooo appreciate any feedback. Blessings, Lynnea
She is 24 years old.

Comments

• m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Lynnea
    First, welcome.

While the lumps could be cysts of no concern, they may also be something very serious. Neither of you will have any peace of mind until she gets them checked. She is young, but that does not rule out the possibility of serious disease.

Please let us know the outcome. Gracie
  • sherik
    sherik Member Posts: 26
    It would be good to get it
    It would be good to get it checked out. It's likely nothing, but how nice to hear this from a professional so you can rest easy. If it is anything to be concerned about you'll know. Just start out with your primary care physician and take it from there. Good luck with everything.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    HI Lynn,
    Lumps that come and go in the breast are pretty common for young women. Often a lump will appear and disappear along with a woman's menstrual cycle. Usually this is not a cause for concern, but she should mention it to her gynecologist when she goes in for her annual exam (the doctor can then palpate the lump and take further action if necessary). Although somewhat unusual, breast cancer is not impossible at your daughter's age. I've known several women, 24 and even younger who have been diagnosed. In most cases, it will not be cancer, but she needs to mention this to her gyn.

As for the lumps all over her body, I have no idea what that could be. A visit to the doctor is definitely warranted for such a thing. You both need peace of mind. Good luck and let us know.

Mimi
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    mimivac said:

HI Lynn,
    Lumps that come and go in the breast are pretty common for young women. Often a lump will appear and disappear along with a woman's menstrual cycle. Usually this is not a cause for concern, but she should mention it to her gynecologist when she goes in for her annual exam (the doctor can then palpate the lump and take further action if necessary). Although somewhat unusual, breast cancer is not impossible at your daughter's age. I've known several women, 24 and even younger who have been diagnosed. In most cases, it will not be cancer, but she needs to mention this to her gyn.

As for the lumps all over her body, I have no idea what that could be. A visit to the doctor is definitely warranted for such a thing. You both need peace of mind. Good luck and let us know.

Mimi

Yes, by all means! this was
    Yes, by all means! this was the case with my girlfriend when she was 25. Her Gyn said it was fibrocystic changes do to her menstural cycle. But in her case he was WRONG. she went 4 months, the lump got bigger, she was oozing from her nipple, I think I'd want a mammogram, or maybe an ultrasound. What happened to my girlfriend was rare at age 25, but she indeed had cancer, she had a modified radical mastectomy, that was 33 yrs ago, today she is fine.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Lynnea
    For what its worth, I am the lumpiest person I have ever seen. I have 2 fatty tumors on the right arm, 1 on the left thigh, 1 on the left arm, 1 big one on the scalp which I had removed, 2 on my right breast about 10 to 15 years ago and 1 on my lower back not to mention 1 on my right breast which I found after the mastectomy and fibrocystic breast disease.

I would have them checked out if I were her just to know. I agree with mimi that lumps come and go with the menstrual cycle. My lumps that i have in other places other than my breast tissue stay there. I by the way have had them all checked out and they feel they are fatty tumors....whats funny is that my golden retriever had tons of them too...you know what they say...people look like their dogs!!!

Have her check them out
    Hang in there
    Linda T
  • lynnea
    lynnea Member Posts: 3
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Lynnea
    For what its worth, I am the lumpiest person I have ever seen. I have 2 fatty tumors on the right arm, 1 on the left thigh, 1 on the left arm, 1 big one on the scalp which I had removed, 2 on my right breast about 10 to 15 years ago and 1 on my lower back not to mention 1 on my right breast which I found after the mastectomy and fibrocystic breast disease.

I would have them checked out if I were her just to know. I agree with mimi that lumps come and go with the menstrual cycle. My lumps that i have in other places other than my breast tissue stay there. I by the way have had them all checked out and they feel they are fatty tumors....whats funny is that my golden retriever had tons of them too...you know what they say...people look like their dogs!!!

Have her check them out
    Hang in there
    Linda T

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOD BE WITH YOU ALL!
    I wish I had more help for you all but am in the beginning of it all right now and not sure of anything...so I will be back when I can offer something...til then am offering my prayers to you. I too have a neuro sheath tumor found in my abdomen and will see cleveland clinic for mri and neuro surgery consult in oct. Don't know much about that either. But at least I have sense to go to the doc...trying to persuede daughter to also. She IS getting an ultrasound of her breast from gyn doc soon..will keep on her about other lumps. Dang. Both of us having stuff. Odd, no?
    ANYway again blessings to you all in your trials and you aren't alone. Other great people here are concerned and God loves you. Keep keepin on.
    Love and prayers and concern,
    Lynnea