Will you have whine with that cheese, madam?????

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, we're back in sunny southern california. After having our seats changed 3 times (not to our knowledge, and not to our benefit), I ended up sitting next to a mother with a baby. Now, the flight is almost 11 hours...you do the math...ROFL!

I've got a BUNCH of stuff to do here, a BIG limb off our eucalyptus tree crashed down into the backyard...the good news is that we have firewood for a VERY long time. I'm not much jet lagged, but, then again, it's right now a time when I would be awake, Holland time. The house survived, and the fruit trees are sharing their treasures with us. It's about 80 here, and promises to be warmer tomorrow. I'm leaving for a much-needed haircut.

Hugs to all, Kathi

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    WELCOME BACK !!!!!
    Hi Kathi... and welcome back. We've all missed you ... but I know you've had a wonderful trip. I know I'm not the only one who has been enjoying your beautiful pictures. It's looks like gorgeous country ... and the food looks yummy. I know you had a wonderful time.

I'm sorry that you had such an uncomfortable flight ... YIKES ... I can't imagine 11 hours next to a baby. I think I would have locked myself in the lavatory! But ... you're home safe and sound ... and now you and Hans can get re-adjusted to your life in back in California.

hugs.
    teena
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Welcome Home, Kathi!
    As I read of your trip home, I was thinking about the unfortunate ppl seated anywhere near my poor mama on the plane to Germany back in the early 1950's. My dad had already moved there some months earlier, and my mom had the dubious honor of traveling sans spouse with FOUR children!
    Waaaay back then there were no jets; we were all crammed in a prop plane for something like 20+hours~ with a stop in Newfoundland for re-fueling! I don't think that cabins were pressurized then either...you can imagine all of the babies crying from earaches "back in the day." No wonder flight attendants (stewardesses back then!)served lots of alcohol on the
    flights! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    chenheart said:

Welcome Home, Kathi!
    As I read of your trip home, I was thinking about the unfortunate ppl seated anywhere near my poor mama on the plane to Germany back in the early 1950's. My dad had already moved there some months earlier, and my mom had the dubious honor of traveling sans spouse with FOUR children!
    Waaaay back then there were no jets; we were all crammed in a prop plane for something like 20+hours~ with a stop in Newfoundland for re-fueling! I don't think that cabins were pressurized then either...you can imagine all of the babies crying from earaches "back in the day." No wonder flight attendants (stewardesses back then!)served lots of alcohol on the
    flights! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Glad you're back safe and
    Glad you're back safe and sound Kath....
    Chen, My Mom used to take me and sister and our baby brother from Tennessee to Texas on Greyhound bus... Can you imagine????!!!!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Welcome Home Kathi!!
    I flew once in my life (well, twice, 'cause I had to get back home!) and that was soooo long ago, when they use to let drunk people (like me!) on the plane. Imagine...they gave me three more little mini bottles of vodka to drink during the flight (which was only 20 minutes long! Pittsburgh to Philladelphia). The male steward sat next to me (I was traveling alone), held my hand, and consoled me the whole flight. Then, BAM!!, fell flate on my face exiting the plane! I look up, smiled at my parents and said "I think the plane made me drunk!". Of course they took me to their home and put me to bed!
    Glad your back home and survived the flight! Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome Home Kathi!!
    I flew once in my life (well, twice, 'cause I had to get back home!) and that was soooo long ago, when they use to let drunk people (like me!) on the plane. Imagine...they gave me three more little mini bottles of vodka to drink during the flight (which was only 20 minutes long! Pittsburgh to Philladelphia). The male steward sat next to me (I was traveling alone), held my hand, and consoled me the whole flight. Then, BAM!!, fell flate on my face exiting the plane! I look up, smiled at my parents and said "I think the plane made me drunk!". Of course they took me to their home and put me to bed!
    Glad your back home and survived the flight! Pammy

Sheesh, Pammy! LOL
    OMG.....and this is the woman to whom I actually sent WINE ??? Be afraid, be very afraid!

HIC/HUGS
    Chen♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    chenheart said:

Sheesh, Pammy! LOL
    OMG.....and this is the woman to whom I actually sent WINE ??? Be afraid, be very afraid!

HIC/HUGS
    Chen♥

LOL!!!
    Oooooh, I just noticed...I love that you get to use the heart picture in your name! How adorable! Ummmm...I get the hugs, but what does the "HIC" mean?
    Oh no!! I just got it!! ROFLOL!!
    I was flying when I was done with that wine, but it wasn't on a plane!! Although, funny, same results....(hic!)got put to bed!
    Pammy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Akiss4me said:

LOL!!!
    Oooooh, I just noticed...I love that you get to use the heart picture in your name! How adorable! Ummmm...I get the hugs, but what does the "HIC" mean?
    Oh no!! I just got it!! ROFLOL!!
    I was flying when I was done with that wine, but it wasn't on a plane!! Although, funny, same results....(hic!)got put to bed!
    Pammy

Welcome home Kathi
    I hope to see you and your daughter on Saturday 9/26.

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome home, Kathi
    Your pictures were absolutely beautiful. It's great to be able to see places I may never get to enjoy. Thanks for sharing.