update on his and hers colonoscopies....

daydreamer110761
daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just wanted to let ya'll know -

Nick had his last week, they cut out 2 polyps but all was clear (but that means there still is no reason so far for his bleeding).

I had mine 2 days after. They found 5 polyps. 4 were fine. 1 was "of the not-so-good kind." He wasn't sure if he got all of it, so they tattooed the spot (damn - finally get a tattoo and no one can see it without sticking something up my butte!) and I get to go back in 6-8 months. joy joy.

On another note. the wedding I announced that was supposed to take place on October 30th has been cancelled. Nick's business partner was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago with breast cancer. He now has to spend time getting up to gear with her pending cases, and I get to play substitute manager at the ramp. We both felt it was better to put off the wedding so that we can enjoy our day with friends and family without running back to work, and so that we can both help her recover. (like he hasn't had any practice at that this past year)

--and I am looking for Donna also - haven't seen any recent posting on facebook or myspace - am concerned again. Am really hoping she is just busy with back to school stuff....

What about Beth - she has her number....

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Mostly good news
    I'm glad you got mostly good news on the colonoscopies. And I'd ask to see your tattoo, but no thanks! *grins*

I'm really sorry you have to put off the wedding, but it sounds like now would not be a good time. I hope his partner will recover well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Mostly good news
    I'm glad you got mostly good news on the colonoscopies. And I'd ask to see your tattoo, but no thanks! *grins*

I'm really sorry you have to put off the wedding, but it sounds like now would not be a good time. I hope his partner will recover well.

*hugs*
    Gail

thanx gail
    still not sure if she is having a double mastectomy or if just a lumpectomy and radiation, neither of which I know anything about, but either is going to be a long road to recovery.

Saw my onc today tho - blood work was all good, they haven't recieved the pathology report from the colonoscopy yet tho. prescribed me ambien to help sleep (so stressed out haven't slept well in while) - not sure about filling that one tho.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

thanx gail
    still not sure if she is having a double mastectomy or if just a lumpectomy and radiation, neither of which I know anything about, but either is going to be a long road to recovery.

Saw my onc today tho - blood work was all good, they haven't recieved the pathology report from the colonoscopy yet tho. prescribed me ambien to help sleep (so stressed out haven't slept well in while) - not sure about filling that one tho.

No prob!
    Yeah, I'm scared of sleep aids. They make me nervous!

Glad the bloodwork was good. Hope the colonoscopy results are great, too.

*hugs*
    Gail