Patterns/Directions for scarfs - where are they?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had seen several differnt sites with patterns/directions for scarfs/hats but can't find them now. Does anyone remember where they are? I have some scarf (basically I've decided that I'll wear them a lot more than my wig) but the ones I have aren't exactly what I want and as Hubby and Son went to the fabric store yesterday and got me some material (really nice/neat 'stuff') - I need to get them made. So HELP!

Thank you!

Susan

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    All I can say is ....
    All I can say is ... GOOD LUCK! I bought several really pretty scarves and had great plans for doing all of those fancy-smancy things ... but no matter what I did ... I looked like a mummy tied up. I even found videos ... and they didn't help a bit. I still ended up strangling myself with the scarves. :-) Finally just gave up and went to my trusty denim "bucket" hat.

You might try looking at some of these sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=scarf+tying+ideas&aq=7&oq=scarf+&aqi=g10

GOOD LUCK!!! Try not to choke yourself like I did ... :-) Guess I'm just not coordinated enough to do that stuff.

hugs.
    teena
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    another idea..
    Hi susan... another idea if you don't want to tie it or having trouble tieing it is to use a elastic hair tie. I would pull the fabric through like your putting you hair in a low pony.. than wrap the fabric around the pony like a bun and tuck the end into the elastic ban. it worked for me... :-) hope it helps...
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    scarfs
    did you try going to a look good feel good program through the american cancer society, they have them all the time and in all areas, I went to one and learned so much about wigs scarfs and make-up, plus they give you all kinds of support, free make-up, creams, it is a lot of fun and worth going. good luck.........Jean... also try michaels or a craft store near you, for a dollar you can get every color bandana, I had fun with them
  • BonnieAnn
    BonnieAnn Member Posts: 7
    Scarves That Snap-No tying needed
    I found a great solution to wearing a scarf, the ABonita Scarf has a built in adjustable headband that snaps on. I even wore mine swimming and it stayed on! They come with a little hang tag that shows how to put it on and how to get 4 great looks from one scarf with no tying needed. You just snap it on and tuck the extra fabric over or under the headband to get the different looks. They are one size fits all and come in cool prints and are made of soft comfortable cotton! You can see them online if you google abonitascarf.
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    McCall's
    pattern 4116 for scarve/hats with a few twists. It is the only one I could find.
  • KorynH
    KorynH Member Posts: 13
    TxLady said:

McCall's
    pattern 4116 for scarve/hats with a few twists. It is the only one I could find.

Scarf pattern - video
    I created a video on how to make this scarf.
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/auth_preview?work_id=9670851
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    KorynH said:

Scarf pattern - video
    I created a video on how to make this scarf.
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/auth_preview?work_id=9670851

I saw where someone on the
    I saw where someone on the board was looking for info on how to tie scarves.

Thought this might help.

Sue :)
  • BonnieAnn
    Check out ABonita Scarf-Scarf that snaps no tying needed!
    I am a breast cancer survivor who designed and patented the ABonita Scarf, it is great because they are made of 100% cotton for easy care and comfort and they come with instructions on how to get four different looks from one scarf with no tying needed! I am offering a coupon code to get $3.00 off your order, if you go to the "shop" tab at www.abonitascarf.com and at checkout you can type in the code and it will automaticaly take off the $3.00. I sell them to boutiques across the country, hospital type boutiques as well as high end fashion boutiques and salons,spas,wig and hat stores etc. so you may find one in a store near you but they are also on the website store. If you google cancer scarves or scarves for cancer the ABonita Scarf comes up on the first or second page of the search results.

Good luck!
    Sincerely,
    Bonita
  • BonnieAnn
    Ritzy said:

I saw where someone on the
    I saw where someone on the board was looking for info on how to tie scarves.

Thought this might help.

Sue :)

I Love The Cat!
    Where did you get that cat???

Bonita
    ABonita Scarf
    www.abonitascarf.com