Need input

lizr412
lizr412 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted a blog last week regarding my sister she is only 46 and has been fighting breast cancer (she is in stage 4) for 3 years and 4 months. My family has just been told that it has spread to her brain. At this point what is the survival rate I know everyone is different with a different life. But any reassurance is better then none.

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I think this is something
    I think this is something best answered by your sister's doctor. He knows her condition the best. So sorry.
  • lizr412
    lizr412 Member Posts: 7
    Marcia527 said:

I think this is something
    I think this is something best answered by your sister's doctor. He knows her condition the best. So sorry.

Yes i believe so as well. I
    Yes i believe so as well. I understand no one reading or replying to blog wents to set me up with false hopes. I was just wondering if anyone else has experience someone they know get to this stage and what to expect. I know everyone is different with a different experience, however no matter how many other people are going through the same thing you always somehow feel so alone.

Thank you for responsding...
    all the best to you
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    lizr412 said:

Yes i believe so as well. I understand no one reading or replying to blog wents to set me up with false hopes. I was just wondering if anyone else has experience someone they know get to this stage and what to expect. I know everyone is different with a different experience, however no matter how many other people are going through the same thing you always somehow feel so alone.

all the best to you

I don't really know that
    I don't really know that much myself. At one point I thought it had gone to my brain because I started having hand tremors. I mentioned this to my onc but she didn't think so because she said I'd have different symptoms. She didn't say what they would be. She did send me for a brain scan but also to a neurologist. He diagnosed me with Parkinson's.

Yes, in some ways we have to go it alone. But there are support groups to help. We find comfort where we can.
    Hugs.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    My only experience with brain cancer...
    was a primary site brain cancer survivor. That, from what I understand, is different that mets of another primary site (like your sis).

I wish I could be more help.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Lizr412, while I was getting
    Lizr412, while I was getting radiation, I'd talk to the therapists. One works with Gamma Knife. She explained it is used for brain tumors, and any tumors that conventional surgery cannot reach. I saw quite a few patients getting radiation therapy to their brain. So, you might talk with the surgeons about what radiation, Gamma Knife, may be able to do for your sister.

I am so very sorry to hear this news about your sister. Although I can't tell you much about survival rates, I can tell you that none of us are statistics.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    lizr412 said:

all the best to you

maybe you couild go to the
    maybe you couild go to the brain cancer discussion group and ask for info from those members.
    I'm sure you are terrified, but maybe the survivors there can give you some reassurance.