Bone Muscle Joint (?) Pain after A/C & Taxol

thrivenow2009
thrivenow2009 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Trying to connect with others to get information on after effects of A/C & Taxol - having a LOT of pain several months later

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Hi and welcome to the site.
    Hi and welcome to the site. I can't help you, but, I am sure others will post and answer your question.

Hugs
  • j916
    j916 Member Posts: 141
    me too
    i have pain in my joints, elbows, ankles, fingers, etc. I had it during chemo, and now being on tamoxafin it is continuring.....but i'm clean and clear!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    hi
    I did a/c and toxoter which is another form of taxol, I do have a great deal of pain issues, and belive me i am no wimp. My treatment complicated my nueropthy due to diabetes. However I am here to anwser any questions you might have.
    tj
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Taxotere caused me alot of
    Taxotere caused me alot of bone pain, enough to go on narcotics. I still have problems but I think it's neuropathy in my shins and feet. I take Neurontin for it and it seems to help. If you're on anti-estrogen therapy, that may cause you alot of joint pain as it is a common se. See what your doc has to say, I'm sure there is something you can take for it.

jan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    I had the same chemo
    A/C then Taxol. The taxol caused a lot of bone pain, which lasted quite a few months but decreased in intensity. Then I was put on Arimidex after radiation which continued the bone pain, still not intense. I was taken off the Arimidex for surgery, was off for two weeks, then when I started on it again, the bone/joint pain came back even stronger. I know everyone reacts differently, so maybe yours will let up soon. I hope so.
    Cat
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    taxol
    had the taxol and now the tamoxfin, bone pain numbness in my fingertips and black nails but 11 months later all is getting better, exersice, walks ,I take 2 viactiv chews a day for my bones, i am fifty now and feeling great, hot flashes from the tamoxafin but hey i live in ma where the winters get cold, i will save on my heating bill......Take care.....jean
  • I was given Doxorubicin,
    I was given Doxorubicin, which treats cancer, that medicine made me lose my hair in 1 day that's how strong my chemo was! Taxotere was also another cancer medicine and it surely gave me such bone aches!! It made my nails turn grey in color, I was getting nausea, diarrhea, it was terrible. All I wanted to do was lay down and disappear under my comforters!! what was worse was when the winter came & my body aches became worse with the cold weather. Its a tough road ahead, but you can do it. don't be afraid to ask questions or speak with patients at your cancer clinic. It helps a lot. I had a great support group...so why can't I do the same...take care, good luck
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member

I was given Doxorubicin,
    I was given Doxorubicin, which treats cancer, that medicine made me lose my hair in 1 day that's how strong my chemo was! Taxotere was also another cancer medicine and it surely gave me such bone aches!! It made my nails turn grey in color, I was getting nausea, diarrhea, it was terrible. All I wanted to do was lay down and disappear under my comforters!! what was worse was when the winter came & my body aches became worse with the cold weather. Its a tough road ahead, but you can do it. don't be afraid to ask questions or speak with patients at your cancer clinic. It helps a lot. I had a great support group...so why can't I do the same...take care, good luck

OK, here's a question, has
    OK, here's a question, has anybody tried marijunna for relief from chemo side affects? I heard like in California and maybe a few other states that you can get it for chemo relief.I don't know why it isn't legalized it's no worse than alcohol, guess the government can't make any money off of it unless they bust people for having it. I can honestly say I never smoked it or any cigarettes, but I know people who do occasionally.
    Just asking.
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Hi Thrive Now
    Hi,

I have heard that some antihistamines can help with the bone/joint/muscle pain from Taxol/Taxotere. If your oncologist is not taking it seriously, check into Livestrong.org - Lance Armstrong's Foundation website - which does a lot of work on survivorship issues. They have information about survivorship programs all across the country.

I am 6 months out of treatment and in some ways I am struggling more now than I did then. During treatment I was focussed on getting through it. Now I am trying to get my life back - and it is not happening as quickly as I want it to!

This is a wonderful site- full of wonderful, supportive, courageous & gracious women.

Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Fran
  • sissy7442
    sissy7442 Member Posts: 3
    lanie940 said:

OK, here's a question, has
    OK, here's a question, has anybody tried marijunna for relief from chemo side affects? I heard like in California and maybe a few other states that you can get it for chemo relief.I don't know why it isn't legalized it's no worse than alcohol, guess the government can't make any money off of it unless they bust people for having it. I can honestly say I never smoked it or any cigarettes, but I know people who do occasionally.
    Just asking.

your question
    I know people who used it for nausea associated with ACT chemo and it worked much better than the prescriptions they give you for nausea. It did help with the pain, although not as much as it did with the nausea. My concern was the fact that I have asthma. Like you, I wish the government would allow the scientific community to come up with a form of THC that works as well as smoking the stuff. It could benefit so many people!!