does anyone know how long it takes for your eyelashes to come back... Cause I really hate them being

e_hope
e_hope Member Posts: 370
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am totally over this whole eyelashes being gone... Hell I can live with the no hair on the top of my head, but really truely hate my eyelashes being gone.

Does anyone know how long they take to come back? I was told six months.. I am taking biotin to see if that helps.

Anyone else have any tips...

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    e_hope .. watching for comments .. losing my hair right
    now .. next eyebrows and eye lashes .. GREAT question.

VickiSam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Inquiring minds.......
    I didn't lose all my eyelashes, but they are "thread bare" and greatly more so on the left eye......right eye looks okay......I use false eyelashes, but ONLY the self adhesive ones....I hope it doesn't take 6 months, too......ugh......I did NOT lose my eyebrows, I was more worried about them than the eyelashes.......I finished chemo 4 weeks ago and have stubble on my head.....YEAH...... So I, too, am curious about how long it takes for the eyelashes to come back.......
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    eyelashes...
    sorry e-hope, but my answser probably will not help. We all react differently to the chemo, and this goes the same with the hair loss/regrowth timetable. It probably did take someone 6 months for theirs to grow back, but others may not have even lost them. Mine came back so suddenly, they were gone on a Friday, and then back on the next Monday. It was probably just around 4 months for me. I hated losing the lashes the most too, you never realize just how much debris they prevent from falling into your eyes. Good luck on that re-growth!

Cat
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I did not lose all my
    I did not lose all my eyelashes, they were very thin so I used mascara. Try wearing sunglasses if you can, not only does this hide the fact that you have no eyelashes, it also protects your eyes since that is the purpose of eyelashes. I lost my eyebrows, but they grew back real fast, about a week. Take care,
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    cats_toy said:

eyelashes...
    sorry e-hope, but my answser probably will not help. We all react differently to the chemo, and this goes the same with the hair loss/regrowth timetable. It probably did take someone 6 months for theirs to grow back, but others may not have even lost them. Mine came back so suddenly, they were gone on a Friday, and then back on the next Monday. It was probably just around 4 months for me. I hated losing the lashes the most too, you never realize just how much debris they prevent from falling into your eyes. Good luck on that re-growth!

Cat

I'm on my last chemo and
    I'm on my last chemo and still have my eyelashes and brows so I'm hoping I won't lose them....
  • j916
    j916 Member Posts: 141
    All gone
    I like you hated losing my eyelashes the most....you can draw eyebrows, wear a wig, but fake eyelashes won't stick to bare lids...ugh! i got quite handy using a soft eyeliner pencil in a navy and smudging it...it really did help. THEN, i got Latisse...it's a little pricy, but i found that the 30 day supply actually lasted almost 60 days, and now my eyelashes are so long and full I have to trim them! yippee!!!!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    j916 said:

All gone
    I like you hated losing my eyelashes the most....you can draw eyebrows, wear a wig, but fake eyelashes won't stick to bare lids...ugh! i got quite handy using a soft eyeliner pencil in a navy and smudging it...it really did help. THEN, i got Latisse...it's a little pricy, but i found that the 30 day supply actually lasted almost 60 days, and now my eyelashes are so long and full I have to trim them! yippee!!!!

Latisse...
    That stuff really works? I have never had any eyelashes my entire life. I could not imagine ever having to say "I need to trim my lashes because they are too long!" I have even tried the "plumpest" mascaras and it's like "ok, now I see something, I think". Is it by script and does your insurance cover the cost? Inquiring minds (I sometimes have more than 1 mind!) want to know!! Pammy
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Latisse...
    That stuff really works? I have never had any eyelashes my entire life. I could not imagine ever having to say "I need to trim my lashes because they are too long!" I have even tried the "plumpest" mascaras and it's like "ok, now I see something, I think". Is it by script and does your insurance cover the cost? Inquiring minds (I sometimes have more than 1 mind!) want to know!! Pammy

I am just starting to lose
    I am just starting to lose my eyelashes. Tell me about this latisse, where do you get it. Like pammy I never really had good eyelashers, but I did have them.
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    j916 said:

All gone

Latisse... I was wondering
    Latisse... I was wondering if that stuff would work..

I will have to ask my plastic surgeon about it when I see him in 2 weeks.. Yea.. its a fight every morning to get those fake eye lashes on.. and some days dam near impossible. My eyes water so much without the lashes. So watery eyes and eye lash adhesive not a good combination. Thank god I didn't lose eye brows to. Don't think I would ever leave my house..

Yea, big sunglasses are a plus.. That's how I curse to the kids bus stop in the morning..
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

I'm on my last chemo and
    I'm on my last chemo and still have my eyelashes and brows so I'm hoping I won't lose them....

My brows and lashes were
    My brows and lashes were very,very thin, but did not fall completely out. The alien look lasted about 3 weeks for me. I used powder and brush for my brows and lashes.

Also, sorry to tell you, dyaneb, my lashes and eyebrows did not start falling out until a few weeks after my last chemo (TAC). I will be rooting for you to keep yours!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Moopy23 said:

My brows and lashes were
    My brows and lashes were very,very thin, but did not fall completely out. The alien look lasted about 3 weeks for me. I used powder and brush for my brows and lashes.

Also, sorry to tell you, dyaneb, my lashes and eyebrows did not start falling out until a few weeks after my last chemo (TAC). I will be rooting for you to keep yours!

Mine like Moopy's
    only got thin and didn't completely fall out, mine are still growing back, but it didn't take much time. I did use also powder and brush ..amd also like Moops, I didn't loose them tell the very last chemo. They will grow back, faster than you even see.
    love, Jackie
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    eyelashes
    mine came back in 4 months. That was the worst part for me also. however I did not miss plucking my eyebrows. you can do it. I finished chemo and radiation in oct o8. It is now 11 months later, getting ready for my reconstruction surgery soon. You will get there I promise.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    e_hope said:

Latisse... I was wondering
    Latisse... I was wondering if that stuff would work..

I will have to ask my plastic surgeon about it when I see him in 2 weeks.. Yea.. its a fight every morning to get those fake eye lashes on.. and some days dam near impossible. My eyes water so much without the lashes. So watery eyes and eye lash adhesive not a good combination. Thank god I didn't lose eye brows to. Don't think I would ever leave my house..

Yea, big sunglasses are a plus.. That's how I curse to the kids bus stop in the morning..

Latisse .. Pricey .. how much if not covered by insurance?
    Trimming eyelashes .. never imagined. I did purchase regular glass wear @WalMart .. off the shelf to protect my eyes - clear lense .. pricey .. but I wanted protection .. Windy here in Corona, Ca and I just knew I would be fighting eye infections during chemo - I just wanted to be proactive. I would imagine that every piece of dust would get in your eyes. I tried to get away with cheaper - fix it myself verison ..but .. my sister told me frames looked stupid and asked me to throw them away.

VickiSam