had my chemo

Options
saundra
saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I got my chemo today. I saw the gyn/onc yesterday and he is dropping the Doxil for now and we will just go with the Carboplatin. My tumor has shrunk by physical, CA125 and no pain being the signs. He says that being down 10 days (first treatment) was too long and his goal is to keep the tumor at bay but not hurt my quality of life. Said there was lots of other chemos we can try when this stops working. My echocardiogram was "normal" so no heart damage from the first dose. Still short of breath but getting better. Saundra

Comments

• jane65
    jane65 Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Saundra
    Dear Saundra,
    I wish you success with the chemo, and good health. I'm glad the echo was normal, and the tumor is shrinking. Keep it up!

I love the picture, you're a lovely couple!
    Jane
  • arbor3
    arbor3 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    NO DOXIL
    Hi Saundra

Glad to hear your tumor has shrunk. Good to hear there was no heart problems from first dose. I had 3 doses of Doxil, that stuff is awful.

Thoughts and prayers are with you

HUGS Dinora
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Tumor Shrunk ~ Great News
    Hi Saundra, thanks for the update and what a wonderful update it is. Tumor shrunk and lower ca125 is wonderful news. I am glad they switched to only one chemo ~ althought the carbo kicked my butt pretty bad all by itself. It also kicked the cancers butt for quite awhile. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • saundra
    Options
    jane65 said:

Saundra
    Dear Saundra,
    I wish you success with the chemo, and good health. I'm glad the echo was normal, and the tumor is shrinking. Keep it up!

I love the picture, you're a lovely couple!
    Jane

Picture
    That is my youngest son with the same hairdo as I had on carbo/taxol. His is genetic. I love the way he accepts it.
    Saundra
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    Glad your tumor has shrunk!! Love the Picture
    As a daughter of a mother with OVCA all I can say is we love you all even more. I saw my mother last week without her wig. I think I liked it better. I don't know how to explain the feeling of unconditional acceptance we adult kids feel of you women going through this. It makes me proud how you all handle it. With such dignity.

MOST IMPORTANT: YEAH the tumor has shrunk.
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Glad
    you could get your chemo today. Good news about the tumor shrinking! The CA125 went down too? Does he think the shortness of breath is caused by the doxil?
    Hope you have smooth sailing with the carbo.
    Hugs, kathleen
  • saundra
    Options
    kayandok said:

Glad
    you could get your chemo today. Good news about the tumor shrinking! The CA125 went down too? Does he think the shortness of breath is caused by the doxil?
    Hope you have smooth sailing with the carbo.
    Hugs, kathleen

Shortness of breath
    My doctor did not pinpoint the cause of "shortness of breath", Kathleen. So, I don't know...maybe it is just the fatigue. Saundra
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    saundra said:

Shortness of breath
    My doctor did not pinpoint the cause of "shortness of breath", Kathleen. So, I don't know...maybe it is just the fatigue. Saundra

Could be
    I had the shortness of breath almost the whole time on carbo/taxol, especially if I took a flight of stairs or something, and had much more on-going fatigue. Didn't have it with gem/cis, or so far with the doxil. Every chemo is just so different, it seems.
    Take it easy,
    Kathleen:)
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
    Hi Saundra,

That picture is so sweet! I'm so glad to hear that your tumor's shrunk! I hope you'll continue having success.

Hugs,

Sue