Hair (well - a little) yesterday - gone today!

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This afternoon Hubby and Son are using the clippers on my head and then clipping each other. Honestly - should have been clipped it a few days ago but Hubby is having a hard time with the thought - "Just wait til it all comes out on it's own!" Son had been out of town on work til yesterday and once he saw how ratty the few hairs left looked yesterday, he agreed that it's past time to help it on it's way away.

The main thing I'm worried about is keeping my head warm this winter. I get cold very easy and it gets really cold here (Black Hills of Dakota) and I can't stay in all the time. Also I hate wearing hat/ect. but I do have a wig and several scarfs. Oh well - this too shall pass.

Susan

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    I hear you, Susan
    My girlfriend (who was womanning the clippers) also had a harder time than I did with doing the deed....By the time I got to the point where my hair was falling into my food, and I was having to wear a hat all day at work just to contain the fallout, I was like, this is WAY too much trouble, shave it off NOW! She was more emotional about it than I was.

I noticed a few days ago on the ACS' tlc site (tlcdirect.org) that they had several of their warm winter hats/caps on clearance for really good prices -- you might check them out, and get a few steals.

(Because I mean, really -- if I can't use this cancer thing as an excuse to do some shopping, then what good is it? :-)

From my little bald head to yours,

Traci
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Hair today, gone tomorrow......
    I think you're doing the right thing....I had mine buzzed before it started falling out, then I shaved the rest myself.....as far as your head getting cold, it probably will long before winter sets in.......I wear a little cap at home all the time and to bed, because my gets cold! I wear my wig out in public, always......I wish I were brave enough not to, but.........It's all a personal choice.......it took me about two days to get used to being bald but sometimes it is still a shock when I look in the mirror because I actually forget I'm bald! YIKES.......but I do have some "stubble and fuzz" starting to come in.....I finished chemo 4 weeks ago, so it is going to be interesting to see what I end up with......
    N
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Hair today, gone tomorrow......
    I think you're doing the right thing....I had mine buzzed before it started falling out, then I shaved the rest myself.....as far as your head getting cold, it probably will long before winter sets in.......I wear a little cap at home all the time and to bed, because my gets cold! I wear my wig out in public, always......I wish I were brave enough not to, but.........It's all a personal choice.......it took me about two days to get used to being bald but sometimes it is still a shock when I look in the mirror because I actually forget I'm bald! YIKES.......but I do have some "stubble and fuzz" starting to come in.....I finished chemo 4 weeks ago, so it is going to be interesting to see what I end up with......
    N

tlc
    As mentioned ... check out tlc catalog for "sleeping caps." My head also got cold and I ordered a cute little pink cap ... very soft ... and warm.

hugs.
    teena
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

tlc
    As mentioned ... check out tlc catalog for "sleeping caps." My head also got cold and I ordered a cute little pink cap ... very soft ... and warm.

hugs.
    teena

My hair started blowing all
    My hair started blowing all over the car when it started falling out. My son also did the dirty deed. I found alot of nice head covers at www.headcovers.com.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

My hair started blowing all
    My hair started blowing all over the car when it started falling out. My son also did the dirty deed. I found alot of nice head covers at www.headcovers.com.

hair
    I had my hair buzzed also before it started coming out. I like my wig but am having trouble with the courage to wear my scarf in public, I dont like it but this too shall pass. I have scarves and bought some nice earrings (retail therapy).