Is it really gone??

Options
trish53
trish53 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, I had a diag. of DCIS, after a lumectomy in jan. found out. Then in feb had a masectomy with sentnal 2 nodes removed...were enlarged but clear of cancer. I went on samesay to need a second surgury for a hematoma..extreme bleed so another operaiton within 8hrs. Well was a slow recovery blood was needed. I also have MS so my energy is always low anyway. Well my worry now is after I got all is clear from oncologist and surgeon end of march I noticed a lump above collar bone On same side rt above were breast was removed. Sw my GP dr she reffered me to a surgeon for second opinion, he said it was thoracic duct and asked me alot of ? if I had nite sweats, change in bowels etc. I thought it was from all the trama rt below it. He said this area is mostly from the lymph nodes in lower part of body, colon, stomach, lungs etc. well he just said to keep eye on it and see him in 2 months which I did in mid june. He said if it doesnt get bigger or I have no other symptoms to wait and see...or we can go to the OR and incise it is up to me? I just dont know what to do. I surgeon I had that did the masectomy I wont trust again this was a different one I saw about thoracic duct lump. Should I go to see my oncologist or could it be from all the trama to the area which was said could be a ossibility. Anyone have a similar experience? I am very worries all the time. thank you for listening. trish

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Trish!
    And welcome to the board! I haven't had surgery yet, so I can't answer you, however, if you have any concerns, I would say go to your Oncologist. It's better to be safe than sorry. We cannot afford to not pay attention to our bodies. I'm sure you will get flooded with replies and someone will be able to help you! We are always here for you, so feel free to read & post.
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Trish. If I
    Hi and welcome Trish. If I were you, I would go see my oncologist first and then see a plastic surgeon. I would rather be safe then sorry! Let us know!

HUGS
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Don't Wait!
    Trish, if it were me, I'd see my oncologist.....he knows your history and would be best to advise.....
    Prayers and good wishes
    Nancy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Trish
    Go to your oncologist and get it checked. You wont be at peace until you do

Let us know

Hugs
    Linda T
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others
    Hi Trish,

I agree that you should check with the oncologist. Otherwise, you will waste valuable energy worrying instead of living your life.

Roseann
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    roseann4 said:

I agree with the others
    Hi Trish,

I agree that you should check with the oncologist. Otherwise, you will waste valuable energy worrying instead of living your life.

Roseann

Hey Trish
    I just had a lump

Hey Trish
    I just had a lump appear on my right arm after I bruised it pretty badly. I figure it's a lymphdema thing but I will have my ONC. check it next week when I go for chemo.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Hi Trish
    My family calls me Trish. Sorry to hear the news. I agree with the ladies - get it checked out. It is better to be proactive than reactive.

Take care,

Pat