I am so happy

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.I am leaving for my cruise in two days.wow.i took the big step and got my hair cut real short today.Dr. said I would loss it in a short while.So now I don,t have much to loss.And I went to an American Red cross wig bank.And you won,t believe this but they had a wig the same style and color of my hair before I cut it today.I put it on and my daughter didn,t know the difference.I can,t beleive my luck.I usually am not that lucky.I have had a hard time with lossing my hair like I know allot of you also have.So I listen to the advice some of you gave me.And so glad I did. And my hair don,t look to bad this short.I also got my heavenley hats yesterday.I would not have known about any of this stuff if some of you didn,t pass the info.Thanks everyone.I love you all.(Pat)

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    I bet you look great Pat!
    I bet you look great Pat! Have a wonderful trip and be sure and post pictures when you get back!

Sue :)
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Can I go?
    Pat,
    How awesome to be going on a cruise! Where 2? Hope you have a wonderful relaxing & peaceful time away! I'm on my 4th day of short hair. It's so different!! But,I'm adjusting. Just happy to have hair for now. I don't believe that was luck that led you to the wig bank and just so happened to of had your hair there! What a blessing!
    So are you packed and all ready to go? Are you forgetting anything? Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!
    lu2-hugz
    Cathy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Cat64 said:

Can I go?
    Pat,
    How awesome to be going on a cruise! Where 2? Hope you have a wonderful relaxing & peaceful time away! I'm on my 4th day of short hair. It's so different!! But,I'm adjusting. Just happy to have hair for now. I don't believe that was luck that led you to the wig bank and just so happened to of had your hair there! What a blessing!
    So are you packed and all ready to go? Are you forgetting anything? Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!
    lu2-hugz
    Cathy

Pat
    Pat,
    Have a great time and I know you will.
    Maybe we should all plan a cruise together sometime somewhere. We should all start savings a little extra so we can do this. Those of us who have or are trying to stop smoking put that $7.00 a day aside that a pack of cigarettes cost and then we would each have $2,555 in one year.

Margo
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Pat
    How much fun that must have been to find a new short hairstyle and actually like it...and right before your cruise too!!

Have a great time and just relax..YOu deserve this time with your family
    Hugs
    Linda T
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Great News!
    Pat I am so happy that you were able to find a wig that is so close to what your natural style and color is, how wonderful! I know you will have fun on the cruise and look forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get back.

Hugs,

RE
  • Cat64

Pat
    Pat,
    Have a great time and I know you will.
    Maybe we should all plan a cruise together sometime somewhere. We should all start savings a little extra so we can do this. Those of us who have or are trying to stop smoking put that $7.00 a day aside that a pack of cigarettes cost and then we would each have $2,555 in one year.

Margo

Margo
    What a great idea! That would be so fun! You are paying $7/pk? Or is that for two? Whew...it's "only" like 4.50+ here so far. I keep saying ok one more pack, several packs later here I still am smoking! I'll keep trying though.
    Cathy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Cat64 said:

Margo
    What a great idea! That would be so fun! You are paying $7/pk? Or is that for two? Whew...it's "only" like 4.50+ here so far. I keep saying ok one more pack, several packs later here I still am smoking! I'll keep trying though.
    Cathy

I don't
    I don't smoke anymore but I have noticed that the cost here for a pack is about $7.00.

Have you talked to your doctor about Chantix--it really works--or it worked for me.

Margo
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Cat64 said:

Can I go?
    Pat,
    lu2-hugz
    Cathy

Hi cathy
    I am with you on the short hair.I got mine cut real short friday.Like you I am gratful to have any right now.we are better off I think getting it cut.So hopefully it won,t be so bad when it all comes out.And no I think about the wig that was Gods way of making me feel better about it.I put the wig on when my daughter came over and she thought it was my own hair.It looks just like it before I cut it.We will get through this.everyone on these boards is so nice.I really appriatte it.I have packed and unpacked about 5 times.I will let everyone know how it goes.Love and prayers (Pat).
  • Cat64
    ppurdin said:

Hi cathy
    I am with you on the short hair.I got mine cut real short friday.Like you I am gratful to have any right now.we are better off I think getting it cut.So hopefully it won,t be so bad when it all comes out.And no I think about the wig that was Gods way of making me feel better about it.I put the wig on when my daughter came over and she thought it was my own hair.It looks just like it before I cut it.We will get through this.everyone on these boards is so nice.I really appriatte it.I have packed and unpacked about 5 times.I will let everyone know how it goes.Love and prayers (Pat).

?
    Hi Pat,
    Aren't you 'spose to be on a cruise? You are not allowed on here until you get back! (jk) Go...have fun! See the sites, taste the food, watch other people drink, (lol) shop, treasure all the moments, and don't get sea sick!
    Hugz,
    Cathy