Morning sickness and Chemo nausea?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my 2nd Neulasta shot yesterday and was talking with the nurse about not having had any nausea at all. She asked me if I got sick at my stomach on fair rides - nope - or how bad morning sickness had been - none at all with either boy. She went on to say that from her experiences (not personal but has been dealing with chemo patients for over 15 years) that there seems to ba a coorelation between sick from rides and more so morning sickness on how bad nausea with chemo you experience.

Has anyone else heard this?

Comments

• lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    I only got sick on rides
    I only got sick on rides that spun me in a circle, like a Tilt-A-Whirl--- Hate rides that spin you around. My cousin during her chemo took her anti-nausea pill when she got up to pee in the early morning like say 5am, that seemed to work for her.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Rague
    I do remember when my onc was explaining to me about chemo before treatments-asking me whether I had a problem with motion sickness or not.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I had not heard this but I'm
    I had not heard this but I'm like you in that I never had a problem with rides and no morning sickness either. I, knock on wood, have not had any nausea either!! It will be interesting to read the other comments as they come in.
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Morn sickness VS Chemo Nausea
    Yes...I have heard the same thing! Just had first chemo yesterday so I can verify it yet but I had no morning sickness with my son so Im hoping its true! Ill keep you posted.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Sam726 said:

Morn sickness VS Chemo Nausea
    Yes...I have heard the same thing! Just had first chemo yesterday so I can verify it yet but I had no morning sickness with my son so Im hoping its true! Ill keep you posted.

It is a possibility
    It could be a possibility.
    I never had morning sickness with Jake and never got sick through chemo. It could have been the anti-nausea drugs too.