Day 8 of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, here I am again, whether you want me or not. lol I do think, that after tomorrow's post, that I will just post at the end of the week. There are so many more important discussions going on, that I don't want to take up space. And, if you want me to quit altogether, just say so. No problem.

It is such a beautiful day here. The smell of Fall is in the air and it is just too nice to be inside for one minute, let alone being zapped. lol But there we were, walking in the front door, greeting everyone and waiting for it. I talked some today to one of the nice ladies that brings people for their treatment. I think that is such a wonderful, unselfish thing to do. I may have to look into that myself when I finish. Anyone here do that?

Took my clothes off in record time. The tech still swears I am a stripper cause I am so fast. But, how long does it take to remove jeans and a top? Today I didn't want to hear any music, so, it was quiet in the room and I laid there watching the colored laser lights. I really like those. We may have to do something like that here at home. lol Finished up, the cute tech helped me and tied my gown. ( batting eyelashes ) And, hubby drove to get some fried chicken and the fixings and we went to a beautiful park and had a picnic. It was perfect!

Sue :)

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Nice
    What a great way to celebrate after your treatment. Yea, I got undressed fast too and they always commented on it. I never understood that. How long does it take to take off 2 or 3 pieces of clothing?

The laser lights are pretty cool. You ought to put on some hard rock when you go sometime. Then, it is FAR OUT BABY! Ok, got carried away.

Glad you had a good one today.

♥ Noel
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Sue
    you don't have to stop and you're not just taking up space. This board is for all of us and we all have different reasons to post on here.And somewhere down the road,someone is going to have to have rads and be nervous about it-and you might help to calm her fears just by her reading your log!!
    I'm glad that it is so far so good for you as you get your rad treatments! And your husband seems like such a thoughtful guy.
    I'm about as social as you sound,and was always talking to someone in the waiting room-made some friends for life in there as well!And I used to watch the lights too during my rad treatments.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Noel said:

Nice
    What a great way to celebrate after your treatment. Yea, I got undressed fast too and they always commented on it. I never understood that. How long does it take to take off 2 or 3 pieces of clothing?

The laser lights are pretty cool. You ought to put on some hard rock when you go sometime. Then, it is FAR OUT BABY! Ok, got carried away.

Glad you had a good one today.

♥ Noel

I will try hard rock!
    I will try hard rock! lol

Sue :)
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Don't stop
    Sue,

Rads are up the road for me ... or down the road depending on how you look at it ... and it's helpful to read what you all are going through and what happens. So often, the worst part is the not knowing. You all posting on your experiences helps us newbies not be so afraid.

So glad things are going well for you.

I really like the light idea too! :)

Hang in there!

One who is encouraged to know what it is like,
    d.h.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Don't stop
    Sue,

Rads are up the road for me ... or down the road depending on how you look at it ... and it's helpful to read what you all are going through and what happens. So often, the worst part is the not knowing. You all posting on your experiences helps us newbies not be so afraid.

So glad things are going well for you.

I really like the light idea too! :)

Hang in there!

One who is encouraged to know what it is like,
    d.h.

8 down
    Sue, as you can see, you are helping people. I wish some weren't afraid of rads. There is nothing to be afraid of. I guess it is just the unknown. But, with your posts and the others, it will help.

Hope you enjoyed that chicken with your thoughtful husband. Now, I am dying for some fried chicken. :(

Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Kylez said:

8 down
    Sue, as you can see, you are helping people. I wish some weren't afraid of rads. There is nothing to be afraid of. I guess it is just the unknown. But, with your posts and the others, it will help.

Hope you enjoyed that chicken with your thoughtful husband. Now, I am dying for some fried chicken. :(

Kylez ♥

H U N G R Y
    Kentucky Fried Chicken, They Do It Right! Sorry, but like Kylez, I am starving now for chicken. Thanks a lot Sue.

I met some of the women that bring others for their rads too. They were the sweetest things. I think that is wonderful that they give up their time to help others.

It does take longer to undress then to get the rads. I wish people understood that too.

You are doing great Sue!

Kristin ♥
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    sue
    dont stop luv i look forward to your posts i worry about you and ev1 here im glad you are well you go girl hubby taking me to red lobster today after rads i start early today no more 3.oo god bless luv peggy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

sue
    dont stop luv i look forward to your posts i worry about you and ev1 here im glad you are well you go girl hubby taking me to red lobster today after rads i start early today no more 3.oo god bless luv peggy

I agree with everyone else, don't stop
    Rads are down the road for me too and it's nice to be able to follow someone through the days and see the outcomes. Plus, it gives me some ideas for my husband once I start my rad journey (hee-hee). Glad it's going so well for you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I agree with everyone else, don't stop
    Rads are down the road for me too and it's nice to be able to follow someone through the days and see the outcomes. Plus, it gives me some ideas for my husband once I start my rad journey (hee-hee). Glad it's going so well for you.

You keep posting Sue. As
    You keep posting Sue. As you can see, others are reading and learning from your rad treatments. Congrats on another one over with!

Hugs
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

You keep posting Sue. As
    You keep posting Sue. As you can see, others are reading and learning from your rad treatments. Congrats on another one over with!

Hugs

WTG Sue! You are doing so
    WTG Sue! You are doing so good with rads! I made friends with so many at my cancer center too. You really do become attached to them. I still keep in touch with them. And, I met some of the nice ladies that would bring others too for their treatments. I always thought that was so generous and kind too.

Close to lunch now and guess what I want? CHICKEN! haha

Lex♥
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Alexis F said:

WTG Sue! You are doing so
    WTG Sue! You are doing so good with rads! I made friends with so many at my cancer center too. You really do become attached to them. I still keep in touch with them. And, I met some of the nice ladies that would bring others too for their treatments. I always thought that was so generous and kind too.

Close to lunch now and guess what I want? CHICKEN! haha

Lex♥

Sue Please keep posting
    I got my tattoos yesterday, and will have a follow up on films on Wednesday, and Thurday will be the real thing. Good luck with your's I'm right behind you. Looks like October is going to be one big graduation party for alot of us!

Yea!

Lots of Love
    Aurora