BEING ANEMIC AND HAVING TO TAKE BLOOD

SoftBallMom2
SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HAS ANYONE BEEN REALLY ANEMIC AND HAVE TO HAVE BLOOD? WENT FOR BLOOD WORK TODAY AND MY WHITE COUNT IS LOW. PUT ME ON ANIBOITICS AGAIN. MY RBC BLOOD COUNT IS IN THE 7.7. I HAVE TO GO AND HAVE 2 OR MORE PINTS OF BLOOD TOMORROW. KINDA SCARY!!! AMANDA

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Amanda
    Chemo really made me anemic and I was my onc's "mystery patient" for a while because my blood counts had taken a nose dive,but I never needed a transfusion.
    I hope your transfusion helps you!!
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Amanda
    Yep been there done that, it is scary, but know that it will help you. You will feel so meuch better after wards. I was amazed.
    tj
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    tjhay said:

Amanda
    Yep been there done that, it is scary, but know that it will help you. You will feel so meuch better after wards. I was amazed.
    tj

Amanda .. been there .. you will feel much
    better once you get blood up to normal levels.

I had monthly tranfusions last year due to heavy periods lasting 4 to 5 weeks. Low blood cells cause your heart and lungs to work much harder than they need to.

Good luck,

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Amanda, I don't have
    Amanda, I don't have experience with that but I have seen several women getting transfusions when I go for my chemo treatments. I don't think it's that uncommon and like the other's that have been there said, you'll feel so much better afterwards. Good luck!
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    MyTurnNow said:

Amanda, I don't have
    Amanda, I don't have experience with that but I have seen several women getting transfusions when I go for my chemo treatments. I don't think it's that uncommon and like the other's that have been there said, you'll feel so much better afterwards. Good luck!

I have..
    I had to have 2 pints of blood the day after my surgery. I felt alot better and was more alert after...