Chicago physicians

tt618
tt618 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi
I normally post on the caregiver board but was hoping someone on here might be able to help me too. We are looking to get a second opinion from a breast cancer oncologist in the Chicago area. Live downtown but will certainly travel for a good doctor! Any Chicagoans out there who can give me a suggestion?
Thank you!
tt

Comments

• mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Northwestern Memorial
    I was treated at Northwestern. My surgeon was Dr. Jacqueline Jeruss, my radiological oncologist was Dr. William Small, and my Medical Oncologist is Dr. Virginia Kaklamani. I found them all to be tops in their respective fields, very caring, and very available. In fact, Northwestern's Robert Lurie Cancer Center is hosting a free seminar in early October to answer questions about breast cancer and present new information. Dr. Kaklamani is part of the 4 person panel and Dr. Nora Hansen (Dr. Jeruss' partner) is also on the panel. I have forgotten the date, but I'm sure if you called them, they would gladly give you the information. Hope this gives you an option. Marilynn
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    mgm42 said:

Northwestern Memorial
    I was treated at Northwestern. My surgeon was Dr. Jacqueline Jeruss, my radiological oncologist was Dr. William Small, and my Medical Oncologist is Dr. Virginia Kaklamani. I found them all to be tops in their respective fields, very caring, and very available. In fact, Northwestern's Robert Lurie Cancer Center is hosting a free seminar in early October to answer questions about breast cancer and present new information. Dr. Kaklamani is part of the 4 person panel and Dr. Nora Hansen (Dr. Jeruss' partner) is also on the panel. I have forgotten the date, but I'm sure if you called them, they would gladly give you the information. Hope this gives you an option. Marilynn

Loyola Medicine, Cardinal
    Loyola Medicine, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center. Dr Shelly Lo. Just a wonderfull Place. Everyone very nice. Had my surgery, and am in treatment there. I am very happy with my decision to go there. Dr Lo is also a Assistant Professor of Medicine Division of Hematology and oncology. Good place to be.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    I don't know any tt618, but,
    I don't know any tt618, but, wanted to say hi and welcome to you.

Lex♥
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    the U of C
    My oncologist is Dr. Philip Hoffman at the University of Chicago. He is kind, caring, and brilliant. There is also another famous bc oncologist at the U of C, Dr. Funmi Olopade, who specializes in BRCA, which I have. I would highly recommend almost anyone at the University of Chicago.

Ohilly
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome tt! I'm reading the
    Welcome tt! I'm reading the responses to your question and all I can say is "aren't you glad you came here and asked"? Wonderful site full of information and supportive, caring individuals!