Day 7 of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I can't believe it has been 7 treatments, a whole weeks worth of rads already. It is going fast. Today they seemed to have a little trouble getting me situated on the table, so they kept moving me with the sheet that is under me. I always want to help, but, they want you to lay perfectly still and just let them move you. Ok, no problem, just wake me when you are done. LOL Then, they all go out of the room, close the huge lead door and the zapper starts moving. Mine moves in 4 different places and it makes a little noise so that you know the radiation is being delivered. It only lasts a few minutes.

My skin is still doing fine. I am using the Biafine and the Aquaphor. Man, that Aquaphor does stain. I am wearing some of my hubby's old tshirts that he used to think was sexy on me, but, now they have a huge grease spot on them. LOL ( not so sexy )

He took me out again to a late lunch/early dinner. It was very nice. I am getting used to this real quick. He had written me a note that I read for completing 7 treatments already. It made me cry. He said how brave I was and how he admired me. WOW..took my breath away.

Ok, that is it for today's zapping!

Sue :)

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Your sweet husband makes me
    Your sweet husband makes me smile.

I don't remember Aquaphor leaving grease stains...so much for chemo brain. It was only a year ago that I was starting rads. Glad that things are going well. You are probably into the routine now. Hope they play better music than they played for Moopy. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Your sweet husband makes me
    Your sweet husband makes me smile.

I don't remember Aquaphor leaving grease stains...so much for chemo brain. It was only a year ago that I was starting rads. Glad that things are going well. You are probably into the routine now. Hope they play better music than they played for Moopy. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Thanks Lynn. He is a
    Thanks Lynn. He is a keeper!

Yes, the Aquaphor they gave me is just like petroleum jelly. It is really greasy and really gooey and thick. It does make a grease stain on the shirts. So, never wear anything that you want to keep while using that stuff.

And, I am in the routine now. They are pretty good to play any music that I want. They have a huge selection and even let you bring your own, which I did. I know this sounds weird, but, I like panflute music. It is so relaxing and soothing. So, I play that.

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

Thanks Lynn. He is a
    Thanks Lynn. He is a keeper!

Yes, the Aquaphor they gave me is just like petroleum jelly. It is really greasy and really gooey and thick. It does make a grease stain on the shirts. So, never wear anything that you want to keep while using that stuff.

And, I am in the routine now. They are pretty good to play any music that I want. They have a huge selection and even let you bring your own, which I did. I know this sounds weird, but, I like panflute music. It is so relaxing and soothing. So, I play that.

You are doing so well Sue.
    You are doing so well Sue. And, already a week done, that is great. I agree with Lynn, your husband sounds great. You are very lucky. Good luck tomorrow. You will have a short week this week.

Hugs
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

You are doing so well Sue.
    You are doing so well Sue. And, already a week done, that is great. I agree with Lynn, your husband sounds great. You are very lucky. Good luck tomorrow. You will have a short week this week.

Hugs

Sue
    Sue, you are just knocking these rads out! I am very pleased to read that you are using your creams. That is huge with rads, whether you think you need them or not. And, continue to use them even after you finish rads for awhile cause your skin is still "cooking".

What a sweetie pie you have for a husband. I am blessed also to have my perfect match with me, especially to help me thru bc again.

You enjoy all of the perks he has and gives to you. You deserve them!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Way to go Sue!
    Your first full week did seem like it went by really fast. That is cool that they let you play music. I have a feeling that your hubby is going to continue surprising you! Mine did. Glad it is going so well! Pammy
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    good going
    gl today hon luv peggy god bless
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

good going
    gl today hon luv peggy god bless

Good job!
    A whole week already behind you. That should make you feel good. I love reading your posts. Good luck today!

Leeza
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jnl said:

Good job!
    A whole week already behind you. That should make you feel good. I love reading your posts. Good luck today!

Leeza

Your zapping, as you say,
    Your zapping, as you say, does seem to be going fast. Since this is all new to me, it helps to know what to expect. Did you get the tattoos too? I didn't know if everyone did or not.

Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Angie2U said:

Your zapping, as you say,
    Your zapping, as you say, does seem to be going fast. Since this is all new to me, it helps to know what to expect. Did you get the tattoos too? I didn't know if everyone did or not.

Angie

Congrats on another one!
    Congrats on another one down and a full week of them done! Before you know it, we will all be celebrating your finale!

Your husband is certainly showing you how much you mean to him. That is very sweet.

I think most people get the tattoos anymore Angie. I haven't seen where anyone said they didn't. I did. They don't hurt and they are so small that they are very hard to even see.

Lex♥