Done With Chemo!

2»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Congratulations, elm!
    HUGE accomplishment! A very difficult task, indeed - and, you did it! :-)

Onward to rads, which - hopefully - will seem to go much easier than chemo.

We're holding flashlights for you now, at the end of that dark tunnel. I know you can see 'em...

Congrats Elm!
    Big Hugs!

Congrats Elm!

Big Hugs!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    elm3544 said:

thanks everyone!
    Yes It felt great. My husband and I were so excited! Afterwards we went out for lunch at Macayo's. My enchilada tasted better than anything I've had in a long time AND I even had a Pepsi which also tasted pretty good! Couldn't taste the taco, though!
    I felt sick a little later but it was worth it. Its not often lately that I can really enjoy my food!
    So far the nausea, feeling a little "high" (maybe from the Benedryl?) and tiredness are the only side effects I have had. I am one happy camper!

Elm!
    Glad you got to go out and celebrate! And, how nice that you could enjoy the taste of some of your food. You deserve a huge celebration. Finishing chemo is such a huge mountain to overcome and you did it Elm!

Kristin ♥
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763

Congrats Elm!
    Big Hugs!

Congrats Elm!

Big Hugs!

Congrats!
    Doing the happy dance for Elm! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!
    Pat
  • steff5163
    steff5163 Member Posts: 56
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! THAT IS GREAT . I KNOW IT FEELS LIKE THE DAY WILL NEVER COME. GOD BLESS YOU
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    steff5163 said:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! THAT IS GREAT . I KNOW IT FEELS LIKE THE DAY WILL NEVER COME. GOD BLESS YOU

Good!
    Congrats Elm! So very happy for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣</font
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

congratulations!!
    Congratulations on your last day of chemo. My friends had a chemo luncheon to help me celebrate and I got a graduation certificate!! I started feeling so much better physically after chemo was done. My oncologist let me take a few weeks off before starting radiation and I used the time to take a family trip.

We all knew you could do it
    We all knew you could do it Elm! You are a fighter! Congratulations!

Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Way to go Elm
    So happy for you! And you'll feel much better when the port comes out! Pammy

Congrats!!!!!!!!!
    Very excited and happy for you Elm!

Kylez ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Alexis F said:

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!

lol How do you do that Lex?
    lol How do you do that Lex?
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

congratulations!!
    Congratulations on your last day of chemo. My friends had a chemo luncheon to help me celebrate and I got a graduation certificate!! I started feeling so much better physically after chemo was done. My oncologist let me take a few weeks off before starting radiation and I used the time to take a family trip.

Your chemo luncheon sounds
    Your chemo luncheon sounds like a great idea countrypharmgirl. You have a very beautiful smile too! I hope everyone tells you that!

Sue :)
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Congrats...
    Congratulations on finishing up with chemo! That is wonderful news. I will be starting chemo this month. Will keep fingers crossed all will go well.

Bella Luna
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    elm3544 said:

thanks everyone!
    Yes It felt great. My husband and I were so excited! Afterwards we went out for lunch at Macayo's. My enchilada tasted better than anything I've had in a long time AND I even had a Pepsi which also tasted pretty good! Couldn't taste the taco, though!
    I felt sick a little later but it was worth it. Its not often lately that I can really enjoy my food!
    So far the nausea, feeling a little "high" (maybe from the Benedryl?) and tiredness are the only side effects I have had. I am one happy camper!

elm
    I remember the first meal that I was really able to enjoy after my chemo treatments was salmon and a baked sweet potato with all the fixings-it was wonderful to be able to enjoy eating again!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Went to work today and feel
    Went to work today and feel fine!
    I was real tired and even feel a little distracted and just kind of out of it. But I made it through my workday! This is the first time I worked right after. The first treatment I tried and wound up leaving after about an hour or so. I am proud of myself for this small victory!
  • mberg
    mberg Member Posts: 62
    congrats
    Congratulations on finishing your chemo!I am so jealous ! What a great day! monica
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    elm3544 said:

Went to work today and feel
    Went to work today and feel fine!
    I was real tired and even feel a little distracted and just kind of out of it. But I made it through my workday! This is the first time I worked right after. The first treatment I tried and wound up leaving after about an hour or so. I am proud of myself for this small victory!

Elm ♥
    That is the most wonderful news to read! Congratulations on this huge accomplishment!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Elm

Congratulations!

On your milestone

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YOU DID IT!
    Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be done? I finished 3 1/2 weeks ago.....they told me I had "graduated!" I couldn't wait for them to "unhook" me.....Just when we think we can't do something, we do it! I am so happy for you.......do you have to do rads? I start that next Thursday....had my markings and mold done yesterday.....that was sort of an ordeal.......but if I can do chemo, I can do rads!

Again, so happy for you.....
    Nancy
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    MAJW said:

YOU DID IT!
    Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be done? I finished 3 1/2 weeks ago.....they told me I had "graduated!" I couldn't wait for them to "unhook" me.....Just when we think we can't do something, we do it! I am so happy for you.......do you have to do rads? I start that next Thursday....had my markings and mold done yesterday.....that was sort of an ordeal.......but if I can do chemo, I can do rads!

Again, so happy for you.....
    Nancy

Yes I do have to do the
    Yes I do have to do the rads- I have an appointment on the 22nd. Good luck, Nancy!
    I think its been helpful to read the updates a couple of the girls have posted on how their's went and are going. I like to know what to expect! Look forward to hearing how it goes for you !
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Congrats!
    Here's to Life After Cancer treatment (or at least chemo)! I am celebrating with you!