Dissapointed about look good feel better class.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,I was so looking forward to this class.I drove quite a way for it.Got their and no one showed up except one other lady.i was so excited this sounded like it would be pretty neat.me and another lady waited one and a half hours.She was as dissapointed as i was.I called and talked to a really nice lady from Acs.She reschedualed me.But what a dissapointment.No exsplnation why.I try to understand,but it would have been fun to have this before I go on my cruise.Oh well things happen.Thanks for letting me rant. (Pat)

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Pat
    same thing happened to me. I had scheduled for a friend of mine and I to go,we waited in the waiting room with a couple of other women-and no one showed up to give the class.
    I was scheduled soon to start chemo and knew already that I was going to lose my hair and possibly eyelashes,eyebrows-so I thought that I would go to that class to get some tips.
    Sorry that that happened to you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Pat
    same thing happened to me. I had scheduled for a friend of mine and I to go,we waited in the waiting room with a couple of other women-and no one showed up to give the class.
    I was scheduled soon to start chemo and knew already that I was going to lose my hair and possibly eyelashes,eyebrows-so I thought that I would go to that class to get some tips.
    Sorry that that happened to you.

Pat and Outdoorgirl .. I am signed up for 10/13 class
    out here in California. I hope I have better luck. I will pass along any all information to the 2 of you. I am sorry for lack of interest and no shows.

I started my chemo 6 cycle yesterday - fatigued today. I would of been a little miffed to say the least if I had my class tonight, and no one showed. Sad .. I am again so sorry for the two of you.

VickiSam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    VickiSam said:

Pat and Outdoorgirl .. I am signed up for 10/13 class
    out here in California. I hope I have better luck. I will pass along any all information to the 2 of you. I am sorry for lack of interest and no shows.

I started my chemo 6 cycle yesterday - fatigued today. I would of been a little miffed to say the least if I had my class tonight, and no one showed. Sad .. I am again so sorry for the two of you.

VickiSam

Vicki,
    I should be more specific-I went through chemo in the fall of 07,so I am long past! Thanks though!! I hope that you and Pat are able to take that class!
    I can imagine you are pretty tired-how is chemo going for you?
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I'm sorry you had such a bad
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I went last night to the Look Good . . . Feel Better class here and it was great.

There were 5 of us (and a friend of one of the ladies) in varing stages of treatment. Each kit contained slightly different products but all had cleanser, moisturizer, foundation, powder, shadows, liner, mascara, brow pencil, blush, lip liner, lip stick, and gloss from various manufactureres. There was also a booklet with a lot of info on skin/hair care, wig care and directions on how to make several wraps. One of the things I found the most interesting was the points that you use to draw on brows and have them look 'normal'.

Please go to another one - you might call just before you head out to varify that it is still a 'go' though.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sorry about that, Pat...
    And totally understand your disappointment. I hope you try again. It's really worth it - besides the tips learned, lots of free cosmetic products.

I went to a Look Good, Feel Better class (several years ago for me). It was fabulous. Taught by a professional hair stylist and makeup artist who worked in local theaters. The only thing I can say is... The folks from the ACS don't actually conduct the class. They seek out volunteers. Obviously - your volunteer instructor was a last-minute no-show.

Wishing you better luck next time.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Bummer....
    I had a really good experience with the class I took.......30 women showed up....but the "instructor" was supposed to have had an assistant. She didn't show. They are all volunteers and she said it was hard to get them to show up.....it's a shame, really. Is there another place you could take the class?