Surgery tomorrow

lovelylola
lovelylola Member Posts: 279
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Here it is the day before surgery. Whether it's a good thing, my mind is off tomorrow, or a bad thing, it still isn't on work, I am at my desk finishing up all the little things so I can take time off with a clear conscience. Also since I don't have a lot of leave time, I'm making sure I don't use any I don't have to.
While I've been telling myself I'm prepared for this, I think a part of me is starting to feel anxious. I'm not sure if it is the prospect of this physical change or just the general anxiousness of surgery and the unknown. I've been trying to remain calm but actually passed up the coffee this morning so I wouldn't be so jittery.
Yesterday I decided to get my eyebrows, lips and chin waxed. My hysterectomy many years ago left the little gift of more facial hair. My daughter commented that she had noticed that the hair had grown in alot. Well how about this for vanity -- I decided I didn't want the doctor and nurses to see all that hair as I had surgery. Hey, a lady's can look her best no matter the occasion. I seem to recall a movie I watched about red lipstick in the OR. Darned if I can't remember the name of it. I'm tempted to get a tube of brighter lipstick if they'll let me wear it.
Well, I'd better get back to "work". The next entry will be after surgery. My daughter is taking her laptop with us. Until then, Lola

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Best wishes to you, Lola
    For successful surgery, without complications. And speedy recovery.

You're taking care of all you can at work before your absence. To me, no different that you're also taking care of yourself! :-)

By the way, I wasn't allowed to wear any cosmetics, not even nail polish!, for surgery...
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279

Best wishes to you, Lola

You're taking care of all you can at work before your absence. To me, no different that you're also taking care of yourself! :-)

By the way, I wasn't allowed to wear any cosmetics, not even nail polish!, for surgery...

Darn!
    I knew I wasn't allowed the nail polish. I'll just imagine the lipstick.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sending positive vibes your
    Sending positive vibes your way for your surgery tomorrow. We'll be here waiting for your report. Good luck!
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member

Best wishes to you, Lola

Me either. No make-up. But I
    Me either. No make-up. But I believe a clear nail polish is ok. They have to be able to see caplilliary refil in your nailbeds.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    LOLA
    My wish to you for a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Hugs, Diane
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    chickad52 said:

LOLA
    My wish to you for a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Hugs, Diane

Lola, here's to you
    Lola, here's to your successful surgery, and a speedy recovery. We will all have you in our thoughts. Hugs,

Judy
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery
    Lola
    You will be in my thoughs and prayers tomorrow for your surgery! I had my bilateral yesterday and was released a few hours ago. I too was nervous the day before because of the unknown, there is pain but is somewhat controlled by the pain meds which incidentally made my skin very itchy. Rest up and take care post when you can to let us know how you are doing :)
    gental hugs
    Traceyt
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Lola, good luck with your
    Lola, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Hugs & prayers....
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Tux said:

Lola, good luck with your
    Lola, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Hugs & prayers....

Lola, You will be in my thoughts and prayers .. Good
    Luck with your surgery tomorrow. It will all turn out fine. Let us know how things turn out.

Strength and Courage,

VickiSam
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey Lola
    I will be thinking about you as you go in for surgery tomorrow.
    Hang in there and let us know how things went for you

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Best wishes to you, Lola

Good luck Lola! And, I
    Good luck Lola! And, I wasn't allowed to wear makeup. Although, I did have some eye makeup on. My plastic surgeon said it was ok since I had pretty eyes. :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Kylez ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    We'll be here when you get back....
    Good luck, Lola. I double dare you to wear the lipstick!! OK, don't....I don't want you to get into trouble because I dared you! We will be here when you feel up to posting. Rest, heal, take it easy and do everything the Docs tell you! In other words....be a good girl (LOL) Pammy
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Good Luck today.....
    with your surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Good Luck today.....
    with your surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Hoping everything went well
    Hoping everything went well today Lola. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too!

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

Hoping everything went well
    Hoping everything went well today Lola. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too!

Sue :)

Praying for you Lola and
    Praying for you Lola and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hugs
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Praying for you Lola and
    Praying for you Lola and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hugs

Lola
    Hope all goes smoothly and you recover in no time. My best to you.
    God Bless, Jackie
  • cheyennedawn
    cheyennedawn Member Posts: 70
    May God bless you, and
    May God bless you, and wishes to you for a speedy recovery! You will be in our prayers, and thoughts. Stay strong and don't lose your faith. Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    Cheyenne
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member

May God bless you, and
    May God bless you, and wishes to you for a speedy recovery! You will be in our prayers, and thoughts. Stay strong and don't lose your faith. Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    Cheyenne

Just wanted you to know
    That we're thinking about you, hope all went well. Post when you're able we'll be waiting!

God Bless You, hope you have a speedy recovery
    Aurora