Day 35 of Pammy's Rads....Last One!!

Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
WooooHoooo....I am women, hear me roar!! (then cough, sniffle, and blow nose!).
Last day of Rads and wouldn't it just be my luck that I woke up with a cold? Sigh...at least it hit me on the last day, so all I need to do is stay in bed if I want to. No more everyday appointments! No more hospital gowns that didn't fit! No more humming machine! I am so glad to be done and so amazed at myself that I made it through this part!
As soon as I was done, everyone gathered around and high fived and hugged me. Told me how proud they were of me for making it through, for being such a wonderful patient that they will miss, how much they enjoyed my optimism around them, and thanked me for making their job a pleasure to do. I blushed!
Then I walked out to the waiting area and my husband hugged and kissed me while everyone clapped! You could just see the joy in his face! I blushed again!
So now.....I will rest, recuperate, regroup, and prepare for my next surgery.
I will use my favorite body wash, my favorite moisturizer, and not worry if the body paint comes off!!
I will close my eyes in the afternoon and not be concerned about preparing to leave for treatment!
I will lounge ALL DAY in my PJ's and fall asleep whenever I have the urge to doze off!
I will get my butt in gear and clean the dust off my ceiling fan! (amazing what you notice when your lounging around!!).
Thank you, everyone, for all the encouragement and support you gave me through all this. I really gravitated towards you when I found myself weakening without you even knowing it. You helped me more than you know. It is such a blessing to walk through my journey with my friends by my side, even if through cyberspace. I use to be intimidated by technology and now I am so grateful it is here, so we can have this site!
So as a toast to my last day (decided against a repeat of last Friday!) I will now go celebrate with some ice-cream. Ok, more than "some" ice-cream. Now you got me....It will be "alot" of ice-cream. Alright, alright....I intend to eat the "WHOLE" carton! (lets the balloons go into the air!!).
Pammy

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    congratulations!
    You did it! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your experiences.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    elm3544 said:

congratulations!
    You did it! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I am so happy that your rads
    I am so happy that your rads are over. And yes, it is such a relief to be able to lounge, use your own favorite lotions etc. And ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. I can just picture the big smooch from your hubby and the applause. How wonderful. And the fact that you have documented this for others to follow. With humor, and honesty, how great.
    I think that there is something I read somewhere that hubbies are supposed to dust the ceiling fans. It has something to do with waiting 6 to 12 months before beginning any housework. Yes, I am sure that my doctors all told me this. You need to research it on the website, ICANGETAWAYWITHANYTHING. This website has all the inside information on deflecting the unwanted to others. Heh Heh! It covers other things, like presents, dinners out and other treats. It has the support of the AAM (all about me)
    Stef
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    fauxma said:

I am so happy that your rads
    I am so happy that your rads are over. And yes, it is such a relief to be able to lounge, use your own favorite lotions etc. And ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. I can just picture the big smooch from your hubby and the applause. How wonderful. And the fact that you have documented this for others to follow. With humor, and honesty, how great.
    I think that there is something I read somewhere that hubbies are supposed to dust the ceiling fans. It has something to do with waiting 6 to 12 months before beginning any housework. Yes, I am sure that my doctors all told me this. You need to research it on the website, ICANGETAWAYWITHANYTHING. This website has all the inside information on deflecting the unwanted to others. Heh Heh! It covers other things, like presents, dinners out and other treats. It has the support of the AAM (all about me)
    Stef

wonderful
    Wonderful news that you are finished with Rads. We all knew you could do it.
    After the ice cream has worn off get up and clean the ceiling fan--HAHA---Not today--it can wait.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115

wonderful
    Wonderful news that you are finished with Rads. We all knew you could do it.
    After the ice cream has worn off get up and clean the ceiling fan--HAHA---Not today--it can wait.

Hugs,
    Margo

Congratulations
    I'm so happy for you. This stuff isn't easy to deal with, but you came through like a trooper.

Maryann
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pammy .. Joy and pride
    Congradulations ... You did it .. Go out and enjoy life, again.

VickiSam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pammy .. Joy and pride
    Congradulations ... You did it .. Go out and enjoy life, again.

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations, Pammy
    I'm so happy for you and can tell from your post that you are also elated. I'm looking forward to crossing that milestone within the next several months. Now, go enjoy yourself, you deseve it!!
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    CONGRATS PAMMY
    Way to go girl for finishing rads. I'm so HAPPY for you. Thank You for sharing all your experiences with us. You are AMAZING!! Hugs, Diane
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Heartfelt congratulations, Pammy!!!
    A difficult task, now completed. YAY!

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    good going
    Now another procedure in the past! Congrats on getting through it so well, and enjoy the ice cream!
    Cat
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Wow Pammy you did it!!!
    I knew you could do it...and you did it with humor too...and ice cream!
    I am so glad for you. Relax and put your feet up.

HUgs
    Linda T
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    you go girl
    great news pammy so happy for you god bless luv peggy
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124

you go girl
    great news pammy so happy for you god bless luv peggy

last of pammy's rads
    Sorry about the cold, but so happy you made it thru the radiation treatment, and kept your spirit intact. You rock Pammy
    Thanks for posting all these weeks about your experiences.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    sgamtd said:

last of pammy's rads
    Sorry about the cold, but so happy you made it thru the radiation treatment, and kept your spirit intact. You rock Pammy
    Thanks for posting all these weeks about your experiences.

CONGRATLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah for Pammy! you did it and i am so proud of you my sister in Pink!!
    love ya, jackie