First Day of Rads Today for T...

Christmas Girl
Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey, T - hope all went really well for you today, your first rads treatment!

One done means now on your way (finally - in more ways than one!) towards the finish line.

Kind regards, Susan

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Hey T
    hope that your first rads went well!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Awe.. thank you Susan... I
    Awe.. thank you Susan... I just got home actually... Though my appointment was much earlier, I also had that wonderful girl appointment today... just couldn't make my day any better...lol... The rad treatment was painless... ackward... and nerve racking.. .but I made it through it... The most interesting thing about my day was my new gyno... as I was sitting there on the table (first time meeting her)... she said "this maybe a little unprofessional, but I want to show you something" and unbottoned the first two buttons on her shirt to reveal her own tattoos from radiation.... my new girl doctor... is a fellow survivor... talk about tears of relief... she got it... she got me... she understood... and then she buttoned it and gave me a hug.... she talked with me about the Zoladex and Femera... she talked to me for over an hour... glad I was an "end of the day patient"...

Add to everything else that I have only had 2 cigarettes today... and seeing as I have always been even up to yesterday a pack and a half to 2 pack a day smoker.... I am a wreck... an nervous bunch of energy... bit**y... moody... you name it... but mostly I'm emotionaly exhausted.... I am going to kick this habit... if it kills me or the rest of my household..lol.. I just keep telling myself.. it is a choice... wish me luck

Okay...now I think I'm going to pull out my blanket and lay on the couch with my laptop and the tv...

♥ & hugs,
    ~T
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    taleena said:

Awe.. thank you Susan... I just got home actually... Though my appointment was much earlier, I also had that wonderful girl appointment today... just couldn't make my day any better...lol... The rad treatment was painless... ackward... and nerve racking.. .but I made it through it... The most interesting thing about my day was my new gyno... as I was sitting there on the table (first time meeting her)... she said "this maybe a little unprofessional, but I want to show you something" and unbottoned the first two buttons on her shirt to reveal her own tattoos from radiation.... my new girl doctor... is a fellow survivor... talk about tears of relief... she got it... she got me... she understood... and then she buttoned it and gave me a hug.... she talked with me about the Zoladex and Femera... she talked to me for over an hour... glad I was an "end of the day patient"...

Add to everything else that I have only had 2 cigarettes today... and seeing as I have always been even up to yesterday a pack and a half to 2 pack a day smoker.... I am a wreck... an nervous bunch of energy... bit**y... moody... you name it... but mostly I'm emotionaly exhausted.... I am going to kick this habit... if it kills me or the rest of my household..lol.. I just keep telling myself.. it is a choice... wish me luck

Okay...now I think I'm going to pull out my blanket and lay on the couch with my laptop and the tv...

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

A Full Day, and on the Road to Finishing Treatments
    Taleena, you did have a full day, didn't you? How kind of your OB/GYN to share her survivorship with you. And how smart of you to quit smoking, or to be on that road also. Maybe the fatigue from rads will kick in and checkmate the nervous energy from fewer cigarettes.

All the best,
    Moopy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

And their off!!!
    Looks like you are now out of the starting gate and on the track!! So happy for you! how wonderful about your new GYN. That has to be a bright spot in all this. I'll give you a trick that helped me when I tried to quit....
    The next cigarette you want, just tell yourself that you will have it in 5 minutes. Then wait. Then in 5 minutes, tell yourself you will wait just 5 more minutes. Then wait again. Eventually, you find yourself going longer than 5 minutes without realizing it and in no time the craving actually goes away temporarily.
    Be strong (which I absolutely know you are!) and tell yourself you will do this.
    Lots of hugs....
    Pammy
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

Good luck quitting!
    Taleena,
    I wish you luck quitting smoking. I smoked occasionally for a few years but quit 18 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. There are still days when I think about how nice it would be to have a cigarette (and a drink), but I don't.

I know you can do it! Plus think of all the money you will be saving now that cigarettes are over $5.50 per pack. Make sure to reward yourself every day that you don't smoke. You tackled bc, you can do anything!!!!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    and they're off!
    another survivor on her way to her dance with NED. Glad you had a good, but long, day. Hope it goes as fast for you as it did for me.
    Cat
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

good going
    way to go first day over god bless luv peggy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

Congrats for getting
    Congrats for getting through that first day and for taking such good care of yourself. What a terrific ob-gyn.

I quit smoking a bunch of times. lol The last time was 20 years ago when I was pregnant with my 1st. Nicorettes really got me through - that and morning sickness...not that I'm suggesting anything. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

Wow!
    Glad you had such a

Wow!
    Glad you had such a good Dr appointment! Not good that she also had cancer but good that she can relate so well.
    And cutting back on the smoking! Again , Wow! Good for you!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    taleena said:

♥ & hugs,
    ~T

That's a great story about your doctor!
    And nice of her too! Good luck with your rad's, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you push your self to quit smoking, I try every day, and am down to about 10 a day, not good enough though. I feel like you do, I AM going to get it right and soon too!

Take care,

Aurora
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Hey T
    I have my flashlight on for you!
    love, jackie