Done With Chemo!

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my follow up today and wound up in the chemo room for my final treatment!
I did not have the Taxotere, just the Cytoxan and I do not have to have the Neulasta tomorrow! My onc. said that I am at 90% of completing the chemo by having the Cytoxan. He also said if it were him, this is what he would do because he feels that the side effects outweighed the benefits in this situation. The Taxotere did cause what may end up to be irreversible Neuropathy.
My feet and ankles are feeling better but my arms still hurt and my fingers go numb.
He gave me a perscription for Tomoxifin to hang onto until after rads. I see the rad onc. in 2 weeks.
Oh and I get my port removed October 14!

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    YIPPEE
    Congrats Elm! That is a huge milestone to accomplish!

♥ Noel
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Noel said:

YIPPEE
    Congrats Elm! That is a huge milestone to accomplish!

♥ Noel

Congradulation Elm, I am so
    Congradulation Elm, I am so happy for you, today is a true day to celebrate, think you are more then half way done. Such joy you must be feeling right now. You have made my day by you accomplishment
    tj
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    tjhay said:

Congradulation Elm, I am so
    Congradulation Elm, I am so happy for you, today is a true day to celebrate, think you are more then half way done. Such joy you must be feeling right now. You have made my day by you accomplishment
    tj

Elm, I just want to say...
    CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Kristin N said:

Elm, I just want to say...
    CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!CONGRATULATIONS ELM ON FINISHING CHEMO!

That is wonderful Elm! You
    That is wonderful Elm! You must be so happy!

Yikes, words are falling on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'll try to knock them away with my tail! LOL

Sue :)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Way to go Elm
    So happy for you! And you'll feel much better when the port comes out! Pammy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Akiss4me said:

Way to go Elm
    So happy for you! And you'll feel much better when the port comes out! Pammy

Awesome Elm
    Awesome Elm on finishing chemo.
    My last chemo was July 23-but I am still having Herceptin treatment until next August. I know how I felt when I had my last chemo---dancing.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Awesome Elm
    Awesome Elm on finishing chemo.
    My last chemo was July 23-but I am still having Herceptin treatment until next August. I know how I felt when I had my last chemo---dancing.

Hugs,
    Margo

Happy for you!

Happy for you!
  • congratulations!!
    Congratulations on your last day of chemo. My friends had a chemo luncheon to help me celebrate and I got a graduation certificate!! I started feeling so much better physically after chemo was done. My oncologist let me take a few weeks off before starting radiation and I used the time to take a family trip.
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115

congratulations!!
    Congratulations on your last day of chemo. My friends had a chemo luncheon to help me celebrate and I got a graduation certificate!! I started feeling so much better physically after chemo was done. My oncologist let me take a few weeks off before starting radiation and I used the time to take a family trip.

Elm,
    I knew you'd do it. I'm so happy for you. Glad you got some answers from them people. Now is a time to celebrate.

Love,
    Maryann
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748

Elm,
    I knew you'd do it. I'm so happy for you. Glad you got some answers from them people. Now is a time to celebrate.

Love,
    Maryann

thanks everyone!
    Yes It felt great. My husband and I were so excited! Afterwards we went out for lunch at Macayo's. My enchilada tasted better than anything I've had in a long time AND I even had a Pepsi which also tasted pretty good! Couldn't taste the taco, though!
    I felt sick a little later but it was worth it. Its not often lately that I can really enjoy my food!
    So far the nausea, feeling a little "high" (maybe from the Benedryl?) and tiredness are the only side effects I have had. I am one happy camper!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    elm3544 said:

thanks everyone!
    Yes It felt great. My husband and I were so excited! Afterwards we went out for lunch at Macayo's. My enchilada tasted better than anything I've had in a long time AND I even had a Pepsi which also tasted pretty good! Couldn't taste the taco, though!
    I felt sick a little later but it was worth it. Its not often lately that I can really enjoy my food!
    So far the nausea, feeling a little "high" (maybe from the Benedryl?) and tiredness are the only side effects I have had. I am one happy camper!

elm3544
    Congradulations on this milestone in your cancer fight. Next .. dancing with Ned and your husband. Keep up the good work.

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations, Elm!
    Today seems to be the day for good news. Congratulations on finishing your last round of chemo. I'm looking forward to that day also. Now that it's over hopefully you start feeling better insofar as the neuropathy is concerned. Way to go!!!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulations, Elm!
    Today seems to be the day for good news. Congratulations on finishing your last round of chemo. I'm looking forward to that day also. Now that it's over hopefully you start feeling better insofar as the neuropathy is concerned. Way to go!!!

Way to go Elm
    The hardest part is over now!! no wonder you feel "high" congratulatons!!!
    hugs, Jackie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    rjjj said:

Way to go Elm
    The hardest part is over now!! no wonder you feel "high" congratulatons!!!
    hugs, Jackie

Yea!
    Congrats Elm on finishing chemo! That is great!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    CONGRATS ELM
    Many hugs to you for finishing chemo! I'm so very HAPPY for you. You have a reason to celebrate!! Diane
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Congrats elm
    on finishing chemo! Sorry about the side effects from the Taxotere-I've heard of that happening...
  • cynthiat56
    cynthiat56 Member Posts: 11
    final chem
    congrat em.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

final chem
    congrat em.

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Alexis F said:

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!

Congrats
    Elm
    Great News!

Yippee!
    Celebrate BIG!

Jane
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Congratulations, elm!
    HUGE accomplishment! A very difficult task, indeed - and, you did it! :-)

Onward to rads, which - hopefully - will seem to go much easier than chemo.

We're holding flashlights for you now, at the end of that dark tunnel. I know you can see 'em...