Plus or Minus?

Angie2U
Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Can someone tell me please what the plus sign means that is next to your name? I don't seem to have one. :(

Thanks, Angie

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    It meansssssss
    Hi Angie. The plus sign next to the name means that particular person is not in your friends list. If it has a minus, then they are in your friends list. If you want to add someone as a friend, just click on their name, a screen will come up asking if you want to add them as your friend, and, click on yes or add if you want to add them as a friend. I think that is how it works. You can try it with me if you want. And, I like your funny bear, or, I guess it is a bear. lol

♥ Noel
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Noel said:

It meansssssss
    Hi Angie. The plus sign next to the name means that particular person is not in your friends list. If it has a minus, then they are in your friends list. If you want to add someone as a friend, just click on their name, a screen will come up asking if you want to add them as your friend, and, click on yes or add if you want to add them as a friend. I think that is how it works. You can try it with me if you want. And, I like your funny bear, or, I guess it is a bear. lol

♥ Noel

Question #2
    Okay, I actually knew the answer to that one -- but that then leads me to another, related question:

If I put you in my friends list, or you put me in yours, what does that do? I guess I haven't figured out yet what the friends list is for.

Clueless in LA,

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    When I log on, both you and
    When I log on, both you and Noel have minus- signs...Noel was already added by me as a friend some time ago; if I no longer want her as a friend ( perish the thought!)I would click on her name and remove her from my personal list. You had a Plus+ sign, as you were still available to be added to my friends list. I added you and now you are also a minus-!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    TraciInLA said:

Question #2
    Okay, I actually knew the answer to that one -- but that then leads me to another, related question:

If I put you in my friends list, or you put me in yours, what does that do? I guess I haven't figured out yet what the friends list is for.

Clueless in LA,

Well, lets try it...I'll put
    Well, lets try it...I'll put you on my list and you put me.....
  • chenheart
    TraciInLA said:

Question #2

Clueless in LA,

On the other hand, as you
    On the other hand, as you can't be friends with yourself ( not in here, anyway! what's up with that???) we'll never know, because we won't see the plus or minus, will we???????
  • TraciInLA
    chenheart said:

Well, lets try it...I'll put
    Well, lets try it...I'll put you on my list and you put me.....

My new friend
    See, what I *really* hope is that being officially documented as "friends" means that you have to start sending me presents....for the record, my favorite color is pink, and I love dark chocolate.

Do you need my mailing address?

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    chenheart said:

When I log on, both you and
    When I log on, both you and Noel have minus- signs...Noel was already added by me as a friend some time ago; if I no longer want her as a friend ( perish the thought!)I would click on her name and remove her from my personal list. You had a Plus+ sign, as you were still available to be added to my friends list. I added you and now you are also a minus-!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I understand now, I think
    Thank you for explaining the plus signs. Now, I see one minus sign. Thanks chenheart for adding me as a friend.

Angie
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Angie2U said:

I understand now, I think
    Thank you for explaining the plus signs. Now, I see one minus sign. Thanks chenheart for adding me as a friend.

Angie

I've never understood
    I've never understood that "friend" thing. Since we all have the ability to send each other PMs (personal messages) by clicking on their "username" thing under their picture dealy at the left of the post ... I've never seen the point of the "friends" list.

Can someone explain? I hope I haven't offended anyone by NOT adding them to my "friend" list ...

hugs.
    teena
  • TraciInLA
    tgf said:

I've never understood
    I've never understood that "friend" thing. Since we all have the ability to send each other PMs (personal messages) by clicking on their "username" thing under their picture dealy at the left of the post ... I've never seen the point of the "friends" list.

Can someone explain? I hope I haven't offended anyone by NOT adding them to my "friend" list ...

hugs.
    teena

Oh, very offended!
    Teena,

I, for one, have been very offended that you haven't added me to your "friends" list -- so, as an apology, I think you and Claudia should BOTH send me presents (please see my preferences, above).

:-) :-) :-) Traci
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Oh, very offended!
    Teena,

I, for one, have been very offended that you haven't added me to your "friends" list -- so, as an apology, I think you and Claudia should BOTH send me presents (please see my preferences, above).

:-) :-) :-) Traci

?
    The friend's list is confusing. I don't understand it either.

Sue :)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Hmmmm
    Good point about the friends list. If I add you and you don't add me......well then I'm just going to go saulk in the corner because I feel rejected....
    But then if I just add "everybody" I will have the biggest friends list on the board and....click, click, click (hope I get to everyone!!)
    Pammy