Hi! I am new, but, I have been reading for awhile

Angie2U
Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I am Angie, and, I have been lurking around for awhile, reading the posts, and, finally decided to introduce myself. I had a lumpectomy, stage1, grade1, lymph nodes clean, invasive ductal carcinoma. I do not have to have chemo, but, will be doing radiation treatments. I do have a great support system, a wonderful husband, great family, great friends, but, just thought I needed a place to kind of "let it all hang out". So, I hope to get to know all of you and learn from all of your experiences. Thanks!

Angie

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Angie
    Welcome Angie.
    Come here often and post any questions that you like and you will get an answer from wonderful women and men on this board.

I didn't have radiation but did have chemo.

Welcome again.

Hugs, Margo
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Angie
    Welcome Angie.
    Come here often and post any questions that you like and you will get an answer from wonderful women and men on this board.

I didn't have radiation but did have chemo.

Welcome again.

Hugs, Margo

Nice tail, Angie!
    :-) (sorry, but with that animated picture of yours, I just *had* to say it! :-)

My diagnosis was very similar to yours, and I had bilateral lumpectomies 3 months ago -- lymph nodes clean, stage 1, grade 2. I'm currently halfway through chemo, and will be doing radiation afterwards.

Welcome aboard -- feel free to post any questions anytime.

Traci
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Angie
    Nice to meet you!!! I am going thru chemo for stage 3 invasive ductal cancer. I had bilateral mastectomies with no radiation.

If you get a chance read pammys radiation log...it may help you.

Post often...we are here for you

Hugs
    LInda T
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Angie
    Welcome to the site that is so full of wise and wonderful people. I have'nt had rads but I am currently doing chemo for stage 2a bc. Surgery will follow. Hugs, Diane
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    nice to meet you
    nice to see you and good luck with your radsthere not so bad
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Welcome Angie
    Welcome to the boards.We are glad you have joined us.Iv been going down just about the same road as you.Except I have to have Chemo.The Cancer I had was very aggressive and my mom and two sisters had breast cancer.So of course that makes my chances higher for reacurrance.so i am taking Chemo and radiation.Keep in touch and let us know how your doing.love and prayers.(Pat)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    ppurdin said:

Welcome Angie
    Welcome to the boards.We are glad you have joined us.Iv been going down just about the same road as you.Except I have to have Chemo.The Cancer I had was very aggressive and my mom and two sisters had breast cancer.So of course that makes my chances higher for reacurrance.so i am taking Chemo and radiation.Keep in touch and let us know how your doing.love and prayers.(Pat)

Angie
    Looks like your little

Angie

Looks like your little avatar is letting it all hang out to. This is a great group and we will be here to laugh, cry, advise, listen and just be with you. Glad you have a good support group on the home front. That makes it all so much more doable. But having others who have walked your path is so good to have as well.

Stef
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Welcome Angie.. though sorry
    Welcome Angie.. though sorry for the reason you are here, glad you jumped in... and here you are welcome to let it all hang out! I will be starting rads tomorrow... first of seven weeks of treatment.. whew... my best to you!

hugs,

~T
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi Angie, welcome to the
    Hi Angie, welcome to the board. I see you caught your bc early and don't have to do chemo. A little good news with the bad :) Happy to see you have a great support system. I want to wish you the best on your rad tx's and hope all goes well.

jan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Angie
    Just wanted to welcome you along with everyone else! Glad that you have such a great support system,but glad that you found us too! So happy that they were able to catch yours early and that you just need rads.
    I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma stage 2A in 2007.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544

Angie
    Just wanted to welcome you along with everyone else! Glad that you have such a great support system,but glad that you found us too! So happy that they were able to catch yours early and that you just need rads.
    I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma stage 2A in 2007.

Hi, Angie, welcome to our
    Hi, Angie, welcome to our board. I am nearly done with radiation; once you get started the time goes fast! Other than fatigue & some skin irritation, it has been OK, so I hope that yours goes well. Keep us posted.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Angie .. Welcome to our sisterhood .. Pink is our color, or
    so I am told .. (joke) ..

You have already received wonderful postings regarding your treatment. Believe this is the place to let it all hang out .. being it a good day or bad.

Read and take notes, and ask questions.

Peace and strength,

VickiSam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    VickiSam said:

Angie .. Welcome to our sisterhood .. Pink is our color, or
    so I am told .. (joke) ..

You have already received wonderful postings regarding your treatment. Believe this is the place to let it all hang out .. being it a good day or bad.

Read and take notes, and ask questions.

Peace and strength,

VickiSam

Hi Angie
    I am pretty new here too, but, I wanted to welcome you like the others. I have had 5 radiation treatments so far, and, it is just fine. Nothing to be afraid of. You just lay on this table and the machine moves around you a few times and that is it. It only takes a few minutes seriously. You don't feel anything. I have started a daily diary of my rads on here if you want to follow me. I might go to just one a week. Look at it, it might help you. Some people even catnap during it from what I was told. Just ask and someone will always answer your questions. Good luck Angie.

Sue
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Tux said:

Hi, Angie, welcome to our
    Hi, Angie, welcome to our board. I am nearly done with radiation; once you get started the time goes fast! Other than fatigue & some skin irritation, it has been OK, so I hope that yours goes well. Keep us posted.

Hey! Just want to welcome
    Hey! Just want to welcome you to the board Angie. We are all bc survivors here and will help you with your journey.
  • Angie2U
    TraciInLA said:

Nice tail, Angie!
    :-) (sorry, but with that animated picture of yours, I just *had* to say it! :-)

My diagnosis was very similar to yours, and I had bilateral lumpectomies 3 months ago -- lymph nodes clean, stage 1, grade 2. I'm currently halfway through chemo, and will be doing radiation afterwards.

Welcome aboard -- feel free to post any questions anytime.

Traci

haha
    Thanks Traci! Glad that you noticed. ha

Why are you taking chemo Traci since your diagnosis is so much like mine?

And, thanks for the welcome.

Angie
  • Angie2U
    fauxma said:

Angie
    Looks like your little

Angie

Looks like your little avatar is letting it all hang out to. This is a great group and we will be here to laugh, cry, advise, listen and just be with you. Glad you have a good support group on the home front. That makes it all so much more doable. But having others who have walked your path is so good to have as well.

Stef

Thanks Stef. My oncologist
    Thanks Stef. My oncologist actually recommended this site. I have been here before, just reading, and, decided that I might as well just join. Thank you for your kind welcome.

Angie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Angie2U said:

haha
    Thanks Traci! Glad that you noticed. ha

Why are you taking chemo Traci since your diagnosis is so much like mine?

And, thanks for the welcome.

Angie

Why chemo?
    Hey, Angie -

My oncologist (or rather, his computer) estimated that chemo would reduce my chances of recurrence by 3-4%.

Since my tumors were ER+ and I'm only 40 (i.e., I have lots of estrogen-filled years left until menopause), I wanted to do EVERYTHING possible to never have to go through this again. I decided that, if the cancer were to come back in the future, I couldn't live with myself if I were looking back saying, what if I'd done chemo?

Chemo is no picnic, but I'm getting through it. Only two more to go!

Traci
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome Angie. You've come
    Welcome Angie. You've come to the right place for support and answers to your questions. I'm in the chemo stage of my treatment with radiation still to come. Good luck with yours.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome Angie. You've come
    Welcome Angie. You've come to the right place for support and answers to your questions. I'm in the chemo stage of my treatment with radiation still to come. Good luck with yours.

Hi Angie! Welcome! You
    Hi Angie! Welcome! You sound very positive and that is huge in this fight. Post and keep us updated on you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    TraciInLA said:

Why chemo?
    Hey, Angie -

My oncologist (or rather, his computer) estimated that chemo would reduce my chances of recurrence by 3-4%.

Since my tumors were ER+ and I'm only 40 (i.e., I have lots of estrogen-filled years left until menopause), I wanted to do EVERYTHING possible to never have to go through this again. I decided that, if the cancer were to come back in the future, I couldn't live with myself if I were looking back saying, what if I'd done chemo?

Chemo is no picnic, but I'm getting through it. Only two more to go!

Traci

Ok Traci. Thanks for
    Ok Traci. Thanks for replying about chemo. I just didn't understand why you would take chemo. You are doing everything!

You only have 2 more left! That is great!

Angie