I survived France!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Whew! What a day!!! We boarded the 'luxury' bus (it was nice...complete with coffee for 80 Euro cents per cup...and a toilet on board) at 5am yesterday. Rode for 5 hours thru Belgium and into France to Lille, to the biggest antique market in western Europe! It was huge! And, at the same time, there was a marathon going thru...lol! Then was dropped off at home at 12:30am...looooong day!

It was a nice day, dry but breezy, and there were many, many people...many were dutch speaking. I was very much struck when we were sitting at a cafe, outside, and there was a group of young men sitting next. The guy closest to me held up a cigarette, and said something in french. I indicated that I couldn't speak french, but I thought he was looking for a light. NOT AT ALL!!! He was asking (he said in broken, but still understandable, english) if I minded him smoking. I was VERY surprised...the french are not known for offering to bypass their smoking, plus, english was not very popular there for a very long time. The effects of the 'global community', I'm sure!!!!

Tuesday is The Hague, and then on to Switzerland...I wonder what surprises await!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Kathi
    So glad to hear you are having a wonderful time!! Enjoy!! Hugs, Diane
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kathi
    Wonderful to hear from

Kathi
    Wonderful to hear from you and what a terrific trip you are having. I am green with envy but that is okay because green is my favorite color so I am getting something from your trip as well. Continue to have an awesome time. And write when you can, it is great to hear what you are doing.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    I so glad you are enjoy your trip .. I envy you and hope to be
    doing the same trip sometime next summer. Enjoy every second.

VickiSam
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I so glad you are enjoy your trip .. I envy you and hope to be
    doing the same trip sometime next summer. Enjoy every second.

VickiSam

I too, am envious~~
    ~~thanks for sharing your adventures Kathi. I imagine all the wonderful experiences you describe. I have yet to see Europe, perhaps someday.....
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Sounds like a wonder-full
    Sounds like a wonder-full trip. Do some yodeling for me. xoxoxoxox Lynn
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Welcome back
    Kathi!!