no one as sweet as you

Options
rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
tODAY I WENT IN TO WORK.. THEY PROMISED ME I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I CAN,,, omg THE NURSE WAS A **** AND THEY LEFT ME ALONE ON A FULL MOON WITH 25 CRAZY RESIDENTS!! ALL BY MYSELF. i THINK I WILL MOVE TO COLORADO OR ARE PEOPLE JUST STUPID EVERYWHERE"

Comments

  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    No way!!
    I know what a full moon does to people. We actually mark our calander at work the beginning of the year for all the full moon dates because it can be THAT bad! I can not believe they left you alone with that many residents. Isn't there a ratio they need to follow? And what was with the nurse's attitude?
    I am so sorry this happened to you! It seems like you can not get a break.
    Lots of big cyber hugs heading your way....hope you catch them!
    Pammy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

    No way!!
    I know what a full moon does to people. We actually mark our calander at work the beginning of the year for all the full moon dates because it can be THAT bad! I can not believe they left you alone with that many residents. Isn't there a ratio they need to follow? And what was with the nurse's attitude?
    I am so sorry this happened to you! It seems like you can not get a break.
    Lots of big cyber hugs heading your way....hope you catch them!
    Pammy

    there is a ratio
    and i got into a confrontation after being alone for so may hours,, this is my job , been at it longer than most of them have been alive.. i am always EASY GOING but i lost it.... I ended up calling her ( the nurse and apologizing (what for???? i don't know i just HATE controversy, and love people. i THINK I SHOULD QUIT!
    JACKIEn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    At least they didn't MOON you! Or did they???????
    That lunar cycle doesn't make people LUNATICS for nothing! I'm sure, if they were all a bit spacey, you were the lone shining star in their universe.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Montana is better than Colorado IMHO
    Just kidding, if you're from Colorado. Oh, Jackie, I was sorry to hear about your miserable day. It sounds very stressful. I haven't worked in nursing homes, but I have worked in a number of schools over the years and truly, each one has had its own personality. It seems to me that a lot depends on the administrators. Some administrators are just toxic! Some make working in their school a joy. I hope that today is a better day. xoxoxox Lynn
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

    Montana is better than Colorado IMHO
    Just kidding, if you're from Colorado. Oh, Jackie, I was sorry to hear about your miserable day. It sounds very stressful. I haven't worked in nursing homes, but I have worked in a number of schools over the years and truly, each one has had its own personality. It seems to me that a lot depends on the administrators. Some administrators are just toxic! Some make working in their school a joy. I hope that today is a better day. xoxoxox Lynn

    I am sorry you had such a
    I am sorry you had such a bad day. I hope today is a lot better for you!

    Sue :)
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    rjjj said:

    there is a ratio
    and i got into a confrontation after being alone for so may hours,, this is my job , been at it longer than most of them have been alive.. i am always EASY GOING but i lost it.... I ended up calling her ( the nurse and apologizing (what for???? i don't know i just HATE controversy, and love people. i THINK I SHOULD QUIT!
    JACKIEn

    Sometimes when you are under
    Sometimes when you are under stress you do or say things you normally wouldn't. What I do is think what the worse possible thing would happen if I do a certain thing, and if I can live with it, I do it. If not, I think of something that the result I could live with. Would you regret quiting later? Will the work situation improve? Is there someone you can talk to about the stresses in your life? Maybe a real hug is what you need. But here is a cyber one anyway...(((Hug))).
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

    there is a ratio
    and i got into a confrontation after being alone for so may hours,, this is my job , been at it longer than most of them have been alive.. i am always EASY GOING but i lost it.... I ended up calling her ( the nurse and apologizing (what for???? i don't know i just HATE controversy, and love people. i THINK I SHOULD QUIT!
    JACKIEn

    Sorry Jackie
    I am sorry for what happened. You just have so much going on right now Jackie that your emotions are on your "shirt sleeve", as my Mother says. When you get some things settled, you will feel better. We are here for you so VENT, VENT, VENT whenever you want!

    Kristin ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Ritzy said:

    I am sorry you had such a
    I am sorry you had such a bad day. I hope today is a lot better for you!

    Sue :)

    Jackie ♥
    I hope that today was great for you and erased yesterday totally out of your mind! You deserve every ounce of happiness that this cup of life has to offer! Have a great holiday weekend my friend!

    Love, Jeanne ♥
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Oh Jackie, so sorry you're
    Oh Jackie, so sorry you're employers are such **** but to answer your question..I think it's epidemic, it's everywhere! I wonder what kind of care these patients can receive with only one person looking after them. Maybe moving is just the thing esp with the other problem with your spouse. Sometimes the universe is screaming at us but we're afraid to take the chance. I hope today is much better for you and she woke up and realized what an idiot she was.

    hugs
    jan
  • Booberta
    Booberta Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

    Jackie ♥
    I hope that today was great for you and erased yesterday totally out of your mind! You deserve every ounce of happiness that this cup of life has to offer! Have a great holiday weekend my friend!

    Love, Jeanne ♥

    Well that sucks
    I would go back to whomever told you that you could have and easy day and ask them exactly what they call easy.

    I have not idea what your prior relationship with this nurse was or if she knew your situation was, but she should have.

    It makes me so sad that you had to go through this. As a nurse, it makes me angry when I hear about uncaring, inconsiderate b****** who happen to have R.N. behind their names. There's pretty much no excuse for her behavior.

    I understand that because blowing up at the nurse was so out of character for you, you felt the need to apologise, but it just doesn't seem right.

    I hope you are feeling better. I understand your feeling that its time to throw in the towel. However, caring, competent health care workers are few and far between. I know your residents see you as a blessing. And yes there is a reason that they call them LUNATICS, full moons can be a killer.

    Its funny, when I first read your post I mistook residents for RESIDENTS (as in baby docs, fresh out of med school). But you know, during a full moon, the level of neediness and stupidity is probably pretty much the same.

    Love and Peace
    Roberta
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your horrid day, Jackie. Sheesh. Yes, there are stupid people everywhere - unfortunately.

    Please don't simply run away... Please make sure you're running TOWARDS something, not just from something.

    Kind regards, Susan